TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Cost of additional warranty for Model 3?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by timk225, Jul 31, 2018.

1. timk225

timk225 Active Member

My 3 has the 4 year / 50,000 mile warranty. But I generally drive around 20,000 miles per year, so I'll run out of miles before I run out of time. What then? Tesla gives the option to bring the car in and have it inspected for a CPO or extended warranty? And what would my cost be for that, and any additional terms and conditions?

• Like x 1
  2. moonfresh

moonfresh Member

Hmmmm...good idea. Don't have an M3 yet. But if you pursue this extended warranty, may you get specifics on the display. That worries me the most. I heard model S displays are in the thousands--correct me if I am wrong. So, I would imagine M3 displays would probably be in the thousands, too.

3. Inside

Inside Member

I predict the price & terms will be similar to what they are for the Model S. Maybe a few hundred dollars cheaper at most. Figure around $4000 for extra 4years/50K miles -- with stupid deductible. Hope I'm wrong.

4. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

I don't believe any additional warranties have been offered yet. Possibly because no one is getting close yet.

5. Thunder7ga

Thunder7ga Member

I am surprised we still don't have info on this. Being a high mileage driver due to my long commute, an extended warranty is a necessity to minimize long term costs. The base 4 year/50k miles is not nearly enough for me. Based on my averages now, I'll hit 50k within 1.5 years.

• Funny x 1
  6. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

Me thinks no extended warranty will be offered

7. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I hope not. It took over a year for them to offer one for the Model X, long enough that folks were hitting the 50K miles and needed the option. Then they figured out pricing, etc. I hope they are just being slow again.

8. MXWing

MXWing Active Member

Op wants $35,000 Model 3s right now for the next years worth of production.

Also, no charge for paint.

Don’t worry about extended warranties as Tesla won’t be around to honor the original one.

:D

• Funny x 1