Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost of Autopilot?

SamDean

Feb 4, 2019
Kansas City
If I could get a little clarification on AP1.

In the shortest story possible.... I bought a Tesla 3rd party that was advertised to have Auto Pilot (it doesn't) and I am having a lawyer reach out the the dealership as they have been un cooperative in resolving this by other means. The Lawyer wants to know how much Auto Pilot Costs (Some places say 5k, others say 7k) and what all it includes for a 2015 S 70D.

I am unable to look as it is awaiting a title and my tesla cannot be registered until I receive my title.

I appreciate the help!

kev1n

Nov 17, 2016
SF Bay Area
i believe AP1 originally at purchase was 3k, not sure about what they charge after now. your best bet would probably be to call in with your VIN and ask a Tesla store

jeffro01

Jan 30, 2013
Teller County CO
2015 S70D would be AP1 and at the time of that car's production, it would have been $2,500 to enable it at delivery, $3,000 after delivery. I'm 100% sure about the pre-delivery cost as I just pulled my MVPA from the 2015 S90D I leased in late November of 2015..

Jeff

ReddyLeaf

Mar 19, 2014
WA State
2015 S70D would be AP1 and at the time of that car's production, it would have been $2,500 to enable it at delivery, $3,000 after delivery. I'm 100% sure about the pre-delivery cost as I just pulled my MVPA from the 2015 S90D I leased in late November of 2015..

Jeff
That’s what I remember about mine as well.

Troy

Aug 24, 2015
In this image on the top right, you can see that it says $2,500 for Autopilot Convenience Features. That's the option your car should have. It will cost $3,000 to add this now. It is an over-the-air software update. 'Autopilot Convenience Features' (or 'Autopilot' in short) will enable 'Traffic Aware Cruise Control' and 'Autosteer'.

Edit: Apparently, @croman is correct. Tesla did increase the price of AP1.0 by $500 based on the article here. Therefore I don't know whether it will now cost $3,000 or $3,500 to enable Autopilot 1.0.

Last edited:

whitex

Sep 30, 2015
Seattle area, WA
If I could get a little clarification on AP1.

In the shortest story possible.... I bought a Tesla 3rd party that was advertised to have Auto Pilot (it doesn't) and I am having a lawyer reach out the the dealership as they have been un cooperative in resolving this by other means. The Lawyer wants to know how much Auto Pilot Costs (Some places say 5k, others say 7k) and what all it includes for a 2015 S 70D.

I am unable to look as it is awaiting a title and my tesla cannot be registered until I receive my title.

I appreciate the help!
Why not call the service center and ask. Or, if you have online account setup for the car, see if there is an upgrade option available, and if so, how much they are asking.

Reactions: JohnnyG

SamDean

Feb 4, 2019
Kansas City
Why not call the service center and ask. Or, if you have online account setup for the car, see if there is an upgrade option available, and if so, how much they are asking.
I am unable to check my online account, as I cannot create one until I have the new title in hand. Additionally the service center is closed over the weekend.

The reason that I was looking for some clarification is because I thought it would be 3500 or so, but someone posted in this forum a couple days ago about it being 7k on the same make/model/year.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC