Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost of individual 19" Gemini wheels from Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone talked to Tesla to see how much Gemini wheels are direct from Tesla. Not a wheel and tire package, but actually just the wheels direct from their parts department. I know last year I was able to order just wheels, covers, and TPMS direct from Tesla for a Model 3 so I could build my own winter set...

If no one has heard anything, maybe after work I'll try to call Tesla and then post the info here to share with others.

[Word of warning though, last year it took 5+ weeks before my wheels showed up via this method, so if anyone else is thinking about it be warned about that. Where I am I don't really need winter tires until December so I've got some time still]

My bet is that there are folks in the forum interested in selling their Gemini's. You've been here for much longer than me, but have you searched around?

I have a little, and I’m open to that... but a lot of them want to sell with the tires (because they’ve replaced the whole set of wheels with something else) or are not local enough to me (Washington state) for pick up. When I bought a set of 18” Aero wheels last year, shipping added $350.

I just need the wheels and TPMS so I can purchase my own winter tires. 18” Aeros for my Model 3 last year were like $230/each direct from Tesla, which I actually thought was a good deal for brand new wheels. If Gemini’s are $300 or less a wheel, that might make it very hard to find someone that has completely damage free wheels that can get to me for cheaper than that... unless I find a unicorn that already took the tires off and just wants to get rid of the wheels and either will cover shipping cost or is in WA somewhere...

I have Gemini wheels with less than 50 miles on them. Swapped the tires (and TPMS) over to Aftermarket Wheels a few days after picking up my MY. I plan to buy winter tires for the Geminis at a later date. Not sure why you want to buy Gemini wheels for $300, then buy TPMS and tires and pay to mount them when you can get a winter tire/wheel set with TPMS from (for example) Tsportline for $3000?
If you have your heart set on Gemini wheels with the aero covers and are willing to pay $300 each, maybe we should talk.... I am in Portland, not that far away.

I have Gemini wheels with less than 50 miles on them. Swapped the tires (and TPMS) over to Aftermarket Wheels a few days after picking up my MY. I plan to buy winter tires for the Geminis at a later date. Not sure why you want to buy Gemini wheels for $300, then buy TPMS and tires and pay to mount them when you can get a winter tire/wheel set with TPMS from (for example) Tsportline for $3000?
If you have your heart set on Gemini wheels with the aero covers and are willing to pay $300 each, maybe we should talk.... I am in Portland, not that far away.

Ideally I would like Gemini's to be under $300, I was just mentioning that as a "high water" mark since I seem to see people asking for at least $1000+ for Gemini's and shipping seems to add about $75/wheel. However, even if they were $300 direct from Tesla, I believe you would come in damn near $3k with tires and TPMS. $1200 for Gemini from Tesla + $1092 for xIce SNOW tires + $300 for TPMS from Tesla would be ~$2,600, which is cheaper than $3,000 for aftermarket wheels. Now once you add in tax and mounting/balance you'll be closer to $3k, but still completely factory official. (And if you're in a state without tax you'll probably be $300 cheaper than if you bought aftermarket)

Jesus! The wheels are $650/each! How the hell did I ever get 18" Aero wheels last year from Tesla for under $250/each! LOL

Bellevue (WA) Tesla says wheels are taking about a week to be ordered/delivered, so if someone needs it at least sounds like Tesla isn't hugely backed up with them. Man I'm still shocked at that price... no thank you.

Please don't jack prices up based on this info jf64k! T^T

Jesus! The wheels are $650/each! How the hell did I ever get 18" Aero wheels last year from Tesla for under $250/each! LOL

Bellevue (WA) Tesla says wheels are taking about a week to be ordered/delivered, so if someone needs it at least sounds like Tesla isn't hugely backed up with them. Man I'm still shocked at that price... no thank you.

Please don't jack prices up based on this info jf64k! T^T

No problem, a deal is a deal!!

(Now where’s that link on UPS.com to recall the packages I sent?)

Haha!!

No problem, a deal is a deal!!

(Now where’s that link on UPS.com to recall the packages I sent?)

Haha!!

I was so nervous about that man! You gave me a rocking deal and I absolutely appreciate it! I debated offering to pay the complete shipping cost but to be honest this Tesla is sucking my short term cash right now, lol. I actually wasn’t planning on getting winter wheels until next winter but started getting nervous when long range predictions are calling for a heavier snow season this year...

Along the same line, I was thinking of purchasing a spare set for my MY Perf with 21".

A friend of mine mentioned that regular MY wheels might not work on the performance model because of the brake upgrades. Does anyone know for sure?

I believe there is a YouTube video on reddit and some confirmation over there that Gemini wheels will fit over the Performance brakes... I think we’ve got a couple people here too that run Gemini’s on Performance...