Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost of new rear/top glass replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it not a ‘rear windscreen’ ? I’ve always called them the front and rear windscreens... and the rear windscreen heater / defogger thing :D

You may be right. I’m honestly not sure but now you mention it I probably use the same terminology. Including heater/defogger thing :) I was thinking of it more as a glass roof than a windscreen. Although the only opinion that counts is the insurance company.

Reactions: M3-Newbie
Did you get it done - all ok ?

Great job to be honest. And it's probably better aligned now than the original one!
Before and after photos...

Attachments

• 20200914_080424.jpg
    20200914_080424.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 20200914_110432.jpg
    20200914_110432.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: LongRanger
I had the roof glass replaced at Dartford while I waited (3 hours), pleased with the work, not so pleased with the price as unfortunately not covered by windscreen insurance, final cost £1200
The very next day some children were standing on an overhead bridge and threw something off as I drove under, fortunately it landed just in front of me and missed the car.

I had mine replaced as it developed a crack of it's own, there was a fault with an early batch of UK Model 3s. At one point they tried to invoice me £290 to remove and replace, but it's not very clear if that was just labour or also parts. Needless I didn't pay, it was a warrenty fault.
Now, when you say 'my fault', go on, tell us :)
I bought my model 3 in Aug 2019, just seen a crack in back roof panel from the back halfway up. No sign of impact. Any articles I could referenced on the issue you mention?

Ive just noticed one at the base of my back roof panel to about halfway up. How did you get on?
I spotted a tiny crack within my rear glass right at the base, tucked inside the black trim around the edge. I only noticed it after investigating when the heating element in the glass stopped working (passed right through the crack). Booked it in on the app, quoted £400ish for a replacement but when I dropped it off and they looked at it, saw no signs of impact, and said it'd be covered under warranty.

Attachments

• IMG_3708.jpeg
    IMG_3708.jpeg
    598.7 KB · Views: 55