Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost of repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to get insurance in Estonia and it's priced in the clouds (~7800-8500 eur / year for the S85). After haggling they say they don't know repair costs so it's priced high. Could get it lowered if I found out the following costs:

* Front bumper
* Hood
* Windshield
* side windows
* Battery (85kWh)

Battery because that's the highest costing component that they're afraid of with unknown collision damage probability. The rest are the usual suspects if there were a collision where I rear-end someone (the case where the insurance would actually have to pay).

Any help is appreciated. If you've had an accident and have been cited costs for the parts this would be extremely useful. No labor costs needed, just the parts themselves.

Welcome to the forums! I spent two weeks in Tallinn back in 2010. Beautiful town!

Anyhow, could you convince your insurance company to call one of the American insurance companies to get this information? I'm sure AAA, Allstate, Geico, State Farm (just a few of the many insurance companies) have all already ran the numbers on the Model S and would be willing to share.

Welcome to the forums! I spent two weeks in Tallinn back in 2010. Beautiful town!

Anyhow, could you convince your insurance company to call one of the American insurance companies to get this information? I'm sure AAA, Allstate, Geico, State Farm (just a few of the many insurance companies) have all already ran the numbers on the Model S and would be willing to share.

Thanks for the thumbs up on the town, it's nice and high tech indeed and our national charger structure is even better :)

With regard of getting the numbers from some EU or US insurance, that'd be excellent if only there were a decent way to get them to do it. Not sure if they have the contacts etc. If someone here works for an insurance company that insures Model S for a reasonable amount, then I'd love the contact to pass on to the insurance company.

[COLOR=#3E3E3E said:
islandbayy][/COLOR]Rear bumper is $800 USD, battery around 32,000 USD, thats all I can help ya with.

That an estimate or an actual batter replacement that cost that amount? The battery estimation thread estimates ~$15k for the 85kWh battery so if it's sold as spare part at $32k, then Tesla is pocketing a hefty premium on it.

Thanks for the thumbs up on the town, it's nice and high tech indeed and our national charger structure is even better :)

With regard of getting the numbers from some EU or US insurance, that'd be excellent if only there were a decent way to get them to do it. Not sure if they have the contacts etc. If someone here works for an insurance company that insures Model S for a reasonable amount, then I'd love the contact to pass on to the insurance company.

That an estimate or an actual batter replacement that cost that amount? The battery estimation thread estimates ~$15k for the 85kWh battery so if it's sold as spare part at $32k, then Tesla is pocketing a hefty premium on it. [/COLOR]

That was a rough quote from a service center. The bumper was exact cost as I technically need a new rear bumper due to a little "incident", but I decided I am going to just strip it, sand it smooth, fill it and paint it myself (I have a Customs Shop).

Another important consideration is door dents or fender replacements, along with headlights, and tail-lamps as these can easily require replacement in any small accident.
Any accident that would cause sever structural damage to the Battery pack would probably be considered a Total loss anyway.
The way the Model-S is built, with the long side Extrusions and crash beams would mean that penetration into the Battery pack or structural damage would mostly likely occur in a very severe accident. At that point even if you had them money to replace the battery pack it would not be worth or even mechanically feasible due to complete structural damage.