TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Cost of retrofit for titanium plate

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Chickenlittle, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

I scheduled routine tire rotation for my model s. Sc rep asked if I wanted the plate installed too. Asked how long it would take. Surprised by answer 45 minutes for that and the tire rotation. I don't know the cost of the plate but labor pretty low.

2. PaulusdB

PaulusdB Mayor Gnomus Vintage Limb

I had the titanium retrofit mounted by the Service Center and it was free of charge.

3. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

Yes. Of course it's free to me, I meant cost to tesla

4. uselesslogin

uselesslogin Enthusiast

I thought someone had posted that investor relations replied to them and said investors should be prepared for a cost of 'several millions.' If we assume there were 30,000 cars out there before the fix got integrated into the production line and that labor and materials cost $250 for each car that is $7.5 million or about $.06/share. That sounds pretty reasonable to me. If they happened to get any ZEV income this quarter that will easily cover it.