Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost of SC gone down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I've been pretty much exclusively charging my car at South Mimms SC lately, and know that Tesla have introduced different charging costs based on the tine of day. After 10pm being cheaper.

Last few visits the rate after 10pm has been 54p/kwh, charged up on Friday night (after 10pm) and the cost was 35p/kwh! That's about the same as what my domestic rate is!!

Screenshot_20221127_101009_Tesla.jpg

Reactions: Smileysam
Yes, there were a couple of threads posted about this earlier in the week. e.g. Significant reduction in SC pricing

On Twitter someone suggested it was a Black Friday reduction, but prices seem to have been cut across Europe and most of those countries don't seem to engage in the rather weird price-cutting to celebrate another nation's festival that we seem to have started doing.

It would be great to see other networks responding. Otherwise there will be demand for the open Tesla charging sites. Why would you pay Osprey 75p/kWh in Banbury when you can charge on the adjacent Tesla site for 25p kWh less - and that's without the reduced pricing of a subscription...

Reactions: Filbert1884
Seems so! I paid 34p /kWh at Canary Warf on Sunday, the same as my home rate. Free parking too as I spent over a tenner on some breakfast :p (for two , and we needed it anyway, not directed by the need for a charge!)

How do you get free parking at Warf whilst using SC? Do you get Wi-Fi in the underground car park?
You’re right, there’s no signal down there at all is there! It’s annoying not being able check charge status from the app.

The parking is through Canada square itself. If you spend £10 in most shops/cafes/stalls, they take your parking ticket and grant 3 hours for for free. Have I been missing something that we can do from the far itself at other places ?