TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Cost of the last charge

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by jordanthompson, Jun 1, 2012.

1. jordanthompson

jordanthompson 2010 2.0 Sport, VIN 0683

I know I saw this somewhere when I was cruising through the screens - how can I tell how much the last charge cost me?

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

When you turn the car on after a charge, it briefly pops up a message at the bottom of the VDS that says something like 'last charge 10 kWh $1.00. You need to, once parked, pull on the parking break and the VDS screen will change. Tap on the 'I' button in upper left corner. Find screen with button with 'charge history' and that will give you amount of time car charged and kWh used. With or without the parking break, push on the wrench looking icon. Click on 'charging' and find the cost tab to the right. This is where you tell the Roadster your cost/kWh so it can tell you about how much each charge cost when you turn the car on.

3. jordanthompson

jordanthompson 2010 2.0 Sport, VIN 0683

Fantastic! thanks for pointing that out. The screen shows some good charging history information, but no cost (without doing the math myself.) You'd think they'd have the dollar amount of the charges - based on the cost/kwh you entered for that particular charge.