TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Cost Per Mile

Discussion in 'Model S' started by rogbmw, May 21, 2013.

1. rogbmw

rogbmw Member

I don't think I will go back to an ICE car. My car before the S was a BMW 1M Coupe. Fast, Quick, and fun to drive. But....I sold it for our S and have never looked back.

Here are some facts I computed last night based on our first 3 months of ownership of the 85S, essentially driving the same way with similar miles to our previous BMW 1M Coupe:

Over the first 2926 miles, the Model S has cost me 3.3 cents per mile for energy(using my KWH hour rate here in FL - total energy used was 938KWH).
    Compare this to my 2011 BMW 1M Coupe - the same mileage cost me 15.6 cents per mile (based on driving logs I kept - average Mpg figures and costs paid for gasoline).

So...I enjoy driving the Model S more, my energy consumption cost rate is roughly 20% of what it used to be, and I have the "Tesla Grin". What else could one want.