Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost Perception

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an amazon delivery driver comment on mine a few weeks ago.

He mentioned that my door window was cracked and if I'd noticed, so I had a quick moan about how long Tesla parts take to come (we've been waiting 2 months for a replacement).

He replied as he was walking back to his van, "gosh, it'd really wind me up if I'd spent over £100 grand on a car and my window was cracked".

I was so taken aback by this comment as I tried to process in my brain if he actually thought my Model 3 cost 6 figures that I didn't even correct him!

I'm not one to be particularly enamoured with marketing flimflam, but there are several Tesla things I think are real genius:
1) The "T" logo
2) The actual name Tesla (given the mane's history)
3) The Tesla font
4) The idea that a car can be designed to be undateable - an iconic look that will last through years of refreshes. These yearly changes of style are so wasteful if a car has a classic look to start with.
5) And, of course, the supercharger network with its just plug and play setup: watching so many videos of other brands' fights with charging stations gives me the willies! Tesla open them up to others at their peril - or should I say OUR peril. It would make sense to gather more revenue but the biggest selling point would be lost.

Reactions: Dasher