Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost to install lowering springs and alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does it change things? Technically, yes. Is it enough to cause problems? Not really.

In conversations with Unplugged Performance, this is one of the key considerations for ANY of the mods they do (like carbon body panels/wings etc.). It's an intricate balance between cool styling/aesthetics and a 21st century car that can drive itself :)

For the original question, i think ~$300 is reasonable for spring install and alignment will be $100-300 depending on where you are and who does it.

Thanks, makes sense reputable aftermarket company test things out before selling...

I did my lowering kit myself. Wasn’t to bad at all. I don’t understand the need for a alignment. Camber and caster is fixed. Only thing I seen was toe adjustment.
I can also say my range went up also. I couldn’t get any better then 260’s 270’s around town. I now see 220 in town and 270-280 on the highway.

20190720_175832.jpg
If you’re in SoCal, check out Mission Auto Center in Lake Forest. David just opened his shop there and he’s done 3 model 3 lowering springs for me in the last week. Great guy and prices much more reasonable than what I’ve seen on this thread.

Just tell him Ben sent you
David and his crew installed the TSportline lowering springs on my Model 3 today. They did an excellent job and had the best install price20190720_175832.jpg .

Reactions: follow.johnny
Was just wondering how much I’m looking at if I decide to lower my model 3...I’m located in the Bay Area so most likely a shop in San Jose area. How much will this set me back and is it worth it to lower the car?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Sonic Motorsports yet since you're in the bay area. If I wasn't in Sacramento, and was willing to make the drive out, I would have gone with them. They charge very reasonable rates and they'll do an alignment as well. They're very well known with the mod community in the South Bay area.

BTW, after driving with the TSportline lowering springs for more than a week, I can say that they definitely do help the ride in my Model 3 AWD to be more smoother and comfortable versus the factory springs that have a more harsher ride.

• Informative
Reactions: TJ73
20190728_174731.jpg
you CA guys have it lucky, you can throw a stone and hit a place that deals with teslas, in NJ its tougher to find even though its just as expensive

Tough here too, but I found NTB Tire and Battery in Nashua NH. Call 603-281-5203 and ask for Sterling. Stand up guy. They fixed a minor problem after it was discovered without questions (it was their mistake). Total coilover cost was about $450. Car is transformed by the MPP Sports Coilover kit. Had alignment package ( 2 years) on the car, so no charge to realign. Specs came out great, but it helped that I had the rear camber arms from MPP - and they were installed at the same time as the coliovers, so the $450 price was really excellent for both.

20190716_181539.jpg

Last edited:
Any other recommendations for places in both Bay Area and/or Sacramento area? I've tried contacting a few places but haven't gotten a response from any of them.

Also, sorry for the noob question but are the UP springs any harder to install due to being dual rate? Not sure if that makes a difference.