Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost to repair paint or body for quarter panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you guys think the paint/body job will cost? Look above the wheel for the problem. Someone had hit my car.

tesla.jpg

Hard to tell from the paint and such, is it just superficial or did it substantially bend the quarter panel? If its severely dented a Tesla certified shop will probably want to replace it, which is like a $10k+ job. If its not to bad a good non-tesla shop should be able to fix it for under a grand.

I got their insurance. But, it didn't affect any type of driveability. Just scratches on the surface.

People just don't know how to use a dual turn lane. So ridiculous! They just turn into my lane since they think it wasn't a dual turn lane. My car made it already on the 90 degree, the other person just thought she was in her lane.

Hard to tell from the paint and such, is it just superficial or did it substantially bend the quarter panel? If its severely dented a Tesla certified shop will probably want to replace it, which is like a $10k+ job. If its not to bad a good non-tesla shop should be able to fix it for under a grand.

I got a similar scratch on mine (more forward). In my case it was hit and run (nothing of value visible on both dashcams but recorded the moment, seems to happen at angle and car never passed in back or front of my car). I got a estimate of 23k to fix it from the local approved shop (and wanted to disassemble half of my car). Second approved shop was less then 3k but had a 2 months wait. A recommended place in the area that is not approved but has a account with Tesla to fix post delivery paint and body issues , wanted a little less than 1k.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: FutureShock
$1k non-Tesla repair shop. Or $10k for a Tesla-certified shop.

I had a one-inch scratch on my headlight, plus some scratches on the plastic piece around it. Looked like $400 in damage...ended up being $4k with Service King in Chicago, a Tesla-certified repair shop. They did perfect work, but it adds an extra "0" to the price you might think it'll be!

• Informative
Reactions: FutureShock

I had a one-inch scratch on my headlight, plus some scratches on the plastic piece around it. Looked like $400 in damage...ended up being $4k with Service King in Chicago, a Tesla-certified repair shop. They did perfect work, but it adds an extra "0" to the price you might think it'll be!
But if its the others persons insurance and they are liable do we really care? The downside is if over a certain dollar amount it registers the vehicle as being in an accident which is an entirely different story.

But if its the others persons insurance and they are liable do we really care? The downside is if over a certain dollar amount it registers the vehicle as being in an accident which is an entirely different story.
We care because, over time, this kind of crap will drive up insurance costs for Teslas. This is something Tesla must fix. At the moment, I see no trend toward improvement.

Do you happen to have the name of a good repair place that is affordable and can do the same sort of job? In Los Angeles, or surrounding area (OC) etc. thxs!!!

Anyone any recommendations for a good address in Chicago area that won't charge $4k in such cases as mentioned in this thread, or in this one Rear quarter panel dent - Solution? ?

The dreaded quarter panel...ahhhhhh...
:( just happened this eve backing into a condo parking lot pillar. Argh.

What do you think folks? Looking at a dent in the rear quarter and a bumper repaint for sure if not replacement as the gouged are too deep on the plastic.

Attachments

• 3DA269E9-115F-44AC-8201-F422A1E75F9A.jpeg
    3DA269E9-115F-44AC-8201-F422A1E75F9A.jpeg
    393.3 KB · Views: 841
  • BDF695F9-123B-4ADE-85E6-50CFA51DECE8.jpeg
    BDF695F9-123B-4ADE-85E6-50CFA51DECE8.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 711
  • 2C94FE8F-5B04-4F3E-A4C5-04BD5C7BCE99.jpeg
    2C94FE8F-5B04-4F3E-A4C5-04BD5C7BCE99.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 842