Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost to use a Supercharger in California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: this post was moved from the Thousand Oaks Supercharge thread.

I’m new to owning a Tesla and new to this forum...sorry for what may be a stupid question, but will the use of these Superchargers cost anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like $14 from yellow to 80 or 90%.

Way cheaper than gas. It's also just above Tier 1 from PG&E for me, so it's actually one of the cheapest ways for me to charge without going solar (which has it's own costs; and apparently solar here seems to cost more than other areas).

It's like $14 from yellow to 80 or 90%.

Way cheaper than gas. It's also just above Tier 1 from PG&E for me, so it's actually one of the cheapest ways for me to charge without going solar (which has it's own costs; and apparently solar here seems to cost more than other areas).

We use PG&E and have the EV-A rate - no tiers, just Time Of Day. Much cheaper to charge at night than your Tier 1.
Also don't forget to request the $500 check from PG&E for each electric vehicle you own (new or used). That's regardless of which rate you are on.

upload_2018-7-21_8-12-46.png

Reactions: KJD
We use PG&E and have the EV-A rate - no tiers, just Time Of Day. Much cheaper to charge at night than your Tier 1.
Also don't forget to request the $500 check from PG&E for each electric vehicle you own (new or used). That's regardless of which rate you are on.

View attachment 318710

We work at home. Lots of Peak usage time for us.

Looking into solar. Need to ask about putting panels on West roof to take advantage of afternoon sun (instead of just on South).

But still, I bet the Tesla is your biggest user and you should be doing it at 13 cents a kWh.

Trying to calculate out the best size. Different contractors are quoting 8-9 cents a kWh. If that's true, then I have to look into future proofing a bit as PG&E is known for raising rates every year. But how much.

If anyone knows a website that really breaks down how to figure out solar costs, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Starting to look into batteries as well.