Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Costa Mesa Delivery blows and so does the Model 3 quality...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not saying that the Tesla Paint is either bad or good. What I will say is this video measures the thickness, not the softness or overall quality of the paint. That's an important distinction, because that has been the primary complaint.
I'd also like to see someone do this with a real paint thickness meter instead of the cheapest one from Amazon. Anyone with a DeFelsko have time to replicate this?

Still no pictures. I understand the comments about treating members respectfully, especially new members.
But I would hope OP would understand that given the level of short interest in TSLA, and the FUD that comes along with that to support the shorts, a simple picture as requested earlier would go along way toward allaying any doubts about his authenticity. If OP has time to vent and rant, and respond to those he sees fit, I would think he would want the doubters to shut up and listen.
A picture of him with his car and the Frank 69 sign would go a long way in that regard.
Of, course, I could run down to the nearest supercharger, find a Model 3, and take same picture.
It's just hard for me to understand the total negative tone of OP, given how great the car is. If you give me Jennifer Aniston for life, but she needed a bath on day one, I'm not gonna be complaining on day 2. That's all I'm saying :)

Still no pictures. I understand the comments about treating members respectfully, especially new members.
But I would hope OP would understand that given the level of short interest in TSLA, and the FUD that comes along with that to support the shorts, a simple picture as requested earlier would go along way toward allaying any doubts about his authenticity. If OP has time to vent and rant, and respond to those he sees fit, I would think he would want the doubters to shut up and listen.
A picture of him with his car and the Frank 69 sign would go a long way in that regard.
Of, course, I could run down to the nearest supercharger, find a Model 3, and take same picture.
It's just hard for me to understand the total negative tone of OP, given how great the car is. If you give me Jennifer Aniston for life, but she needed a bath on day one, I'm not gonna be complaining on day 2. That's all I'm saying :)

This is the same type of post (from the OP) that we used to see 5-6 years ago when I first got my Tesla Model S P85. A new member has some lurid story about how terrible something was, but they are short on details, and refuse to provide any photos or other evidence when challenged. The fact that they get challenged shouldn't be a huge surprise, being that this is a Tesla enthusiast forum, and the willingness of sites like Seeking Alpha to publish any negative information that they find on this forum.

Thank you. I have no reason to not tell the truth. I'm telling you my experience. If you think Tesla is so great, why don't you call the Tesla Costa Mesa Center when they are open. You will be rolled over to a voice mail system that is full..

I think there are just some Tesla fanatics out there that think this is the best company. It is know as I had spoken with a detailer that Tesla paint is very very soft and not that good compared to the Germans. Also, I never had a car delivered with dirt all over the doors on the inside.

Is it too hard to ask for a clean car when delivered or treated with a little respect. People giving excuses. I've never had a sales experience where the guy wanted to get me out of there within 10-15m while I was looking over the car. It's just plain dumb.
A photo helps everyone understand what’s happened. It’s difficult to gauge the damage on a written description. Sorry your appointment overran. I’m the exact opposite...on every past car buying experience the dealership seemed to want me there for hours while I just wanted to go home. I’d read up on the car and loved the 15 minute delivery lol.

This thread is a great example of why the Tesla community is looked down on. Tesla has been known to have tons of issues with quality control and service, especially now. While I agree 30 min is not THAT bad, the other complaints are valid and there are many other people who complained about dirt in their newly delivered 3s. But yeah, lets attack this guy and call him a liar because he speaks negatively about your beloved company.

Where's the evidence for this? TMC? Tesla delivered 20k+ cars last quarter, how many of them had defects? Where are you getting these numbers. The TMC is not an accurate source for gauging tesla customer satisfaction.

Here's some real evidence: Tesla (TSLA) tops owner satisfaction survey in auto industry again

Of all car owners, Tesla owners are the happiest with their vehicles. Now how can that possibly be if Tesla builds cars with "issues with quality control and service" ?? weird.

People are attacking this guy because he's using abusive language like "bozo."

So I arrived on time for my delivery

Pre delivery:

1) Never got email invite. I had to check my account every day
2) Lady who was assigned took 3 days every time to answer my questions

Delivery day:

1) I had to wait over 30 minutes even though I had arrived exactly on time
2) Sales guy didn't know much about the car. Only the basics
3) He kept trying to hurry us up
4) I asked for paperwork I signed...I asked 3 times...he said it would be online in 3 days. I was hesitant, but I accepted
You should not have accepted that. I mean, you should have outright refused to accept the car without the paperwork.

5) Wasn't impressed with the way they cleaned the car. Many scratches, dirt all over, etc.

After Delivery:
1) Well I waited 4 days. paperwork not online.
2) Tried calling sales center, it went to a voicemail that was full
3) Brought home vehicle, noticed mounds of dirt inside the door.
4) Had bird poop on the car for about an hour.. it stained the car...Never had this before. Spoke with my detail guy and he said the paint on the Tesla is one of the worst

Bunch of bull sh** I say. You can't even call these bozos without being put into a queue that either hangs up on you or you get a full voicemail.
Yep. They're completely, wildly incompetent at communications.

Luckily, once you have the car, you don't need to communicate with them very often.

I'm hoping the completely new Delivery executives will fix some of the long-standing problems.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
  • Love
Reactions: P85_DA and TaoJones
South Bay Hyundai made me sit in a corner for 45 mins watching a blaring football game next to a popcorn machine for the privilege of test driving an Ioniq EV. It was then “MSRP + $5k over sticker take it or leave it, we’ll have this car sold in an hour if you don’t buy it.”

Hyundai is not a luxury brand but I think it’s important to consider the spectrum of experiences in car purchasing and delivery. My Marina del Rey Tesla delivery was not flawless but it was by far the most painless car buying and delivery I’ve ever experienced and I’ve bought quite a number of new cars over the years.

Sounds like my experience buying a used car at the Hyundai dealership in Anaheim! Taking delivery of my M3 in CM on Sunday, hoping for the best but preparing for the worst!

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA