Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Costa Mesa vs Buena Park Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
27F956A8-1366-4DB5-92E0-E00CB4DEFC85.jpeg
Looks like I need to bring my Model 3 in for warranty work because the latest software update keeps giving me an error and won’t complete the download. A ranger looked at the car and said I need to bring it into service.

I’m pretty OCD about the car, no dents, no scratches, never machine washed... and the car is modified and lowered.

I’ve never had any issues bringing my other lowered cars to the dealer for repair (BMW M3 and VW) and they’ve always gone the extra mile to be sure they don’t scrape up the body, chassis, or the wheels from being low.

So between Costa Mesa and Buena Park... which is the better service center to go to? Has anyone with a modified Model 3 have any issues at either of these locations? Will a tip/ bribe to the service advisor ensure no issues with the car?

Reactions: derkan
View attachment 400083 Looks like I need to bring my Model 3 in for warranty work because the latest software update keeps giving me an error and won’t complete the download. A ranger looked at the car and said I need to bring it into service.

I’m pretty OCD about the car, no dents, no scratches, never machine washed... and the car is modified and lowered.

I’ve never had any issues bringing my other lowered cars to the dealer for repair (BMW M3 and VW) and they’ve always gone the extra mile to be sure they don’t scrape up the body, chassis, or the wheels from being low.

So between Costa Mesa and Buena Park... which is the better service center to go to? Has anyone with a modified Model 3 have any issues at either of these locations? Will a tip/ bribe to the service advisor ensure no issues with the car?

Being your car is lowered do not go to Buena Park, you will not safely get in/out of the parking lot. They are great at service but 1 side of the parking lot can only be exited by s/x vehicles with ride hight set to max. The other side is still challenging for my stock non air suspension model s.

Being your car is lowered do not go to Buena Park, you will not safely get in/out of the parking lot. They are great at service but 1 side of the parking lot can only be exited by s/x vehicles with ride hight set to max. The other side is still challenging for my stock non air suspension model s.

Good to know that they are excellent at service. I’ll have to scout their driveways... usually I can manage by angling. I’ve got as much clearance as say a Porsche GT3 for example. So as long as they don’t need to drive it on the street then I can manage. I’m hoping all they have to do is reset the computer and it will update normally.