Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Costco (Brampton) - tesla adapters needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sitting here at Costco and they said that they wanted the lift adapters that “came with the car”. I told them I had 1 adapter I bought third party (reverse logic) and to just put them on the wheels and I would swap them.

Just an FYI. I don’t think I’m going to get 4 adapters cause I don’t think of another reason other than this to get them.

Sitting here at Costco and they said that they wanted the lift adapters that “came with the car”. I told them I had 1 adapter I bought third party (reverse logic) and to just put them on the wheels and I would swap them.

Just an FYI. I don’t think I’m going to get 4 adapters cause I don’t think of another reason other than this to get them.
Here's an alternative solution I found. Cost: $10. :)
DIY Lift / Jack Pads

Thanks! Very timely post. I have my car booked in at CostCo next week and haven't been able to get through on the phone. I got four adapters from Reverse Logic that I'm going to bring - good news they will use them. Hopefully they're all consistent because I thought someone said their CostCo wouldn't do the car at all?

• Informative
Reactions: Liquidmetal101
Thanks! Very timely post. I have my car booked in at CostCo next week and haven't been able to get through on the phone. I got four adapters from Reverse Logic that I'm going to bring - good news they will use them. Hopefully they're all consistent because I thought someone said their CostCo wouldn't do the car at all?
It's been hit or miss depending on the individual Costco even with the Ss and Xs.

I bought the 4 pack to keep on board. There are lots of reasons you can end up on a hoist unprepared. Also allows me to use 2 floor jacks at home for rotations. I don’t want the car lifted without them.

A563F8B6-49F7-45B3-9A74-28551C3D1F5A.jpeg

Just ordered 3 more adapters. Figured if anything else happened I have these handy.

PS. i had to put the tires on by driving on a 2x10 cause the reverse logic pucks were too high.

Just ordered 3 more adapters. Figured if anything else happened I have these handy.

PS. i had to put the tires on by driving on a 2x10 cause the reverse logic pucks were too high.

BTW, when I was emailing Fred at Reverse Logic to ship 3 more I asked him for the container and he said they ship it automatically if you had ordered a total of 4. Great for storage. Might want to confirm this with him.
These are not cheap but neither is fixing cosmetic damage.

Last edited:
  • Informative
That was me that said Costco wouldn't lift my 3. So they will take these adapters? I went into Kanata and Gloucester and said they didn't think they could lift my 3, they never mentioned anything about these adapters. Which Costco is doing the install for you?

Last year Burlington Costco refused to install Winter tires on MS. The guy on desk told me none of the costco would lift any electric car, as some tech lifted the car with jack arms under battery. That tech mistake was very costly for Costco and now they will not do any EV

• Informative
That was me that said Costco wouldn't lift my 3. So they will take these adapters? I went into Kanata and Gloucester and said they didn't think they could lift my 3, they never mentioned anything about these adapters. Which Costco is doing the install for you?
It was brampton. Ended up just doing it myself.

I have the reverselogic ones too. Found them a bit more solid then the 3d printed ones that looked super wobbly when i saw demo videos.

Awesome news! Did they have any issues driving it? My tires are supposed to be arriving at the Gloucester location next week. I hope they can install mine. How long did it take for RL to send you your jackpads? I ordered mine a week ago.

The jack pads do take a while. I ordered one at first then added three more (and got the tube). The first was a couple of weeks, the second a bit quicker.

No issues with them driving it. I put it in valet mode and gave them the key card. It’s easy to go watch them at Kanata and I was OK with with what I saw. They also covered the seat with plastic and put down a floor mat which is nice.

All in all it was two hours in there which seemed a long time but I’d rather they take their time. The benefit of two hours is I got to chuckle at winter tire craziness now we’ve been promised snow for Sunday - lots of people coming in asking when they can get tires on. Answer I heard a hundred times is to book now for late December or line up at 5am any day between now and then. So glad I booked online back in Sept!

The jack pads do take a while. I ordered one at first then added three more (and got the tube). The first was a couple of weeks, the second a bit quicker.

No issues with them driving it. I put it in valet mode and gave them the key card. It’s easy to go watch them at Kanata and I was OK with with what I saw. They also covered the seat with plastic and put down a floor mat which is nice.

All in all it was two hours in there which seemed a long time but I’d rather they take their time. The benefit of two hours is I got to chuckle at winter tire craziness now we’ve been promised snow for Sunday - lots of people coming in asking when they can get tires on. Answer I heard a hundred times is to book now for late December or line up at 5am any day between now and then. So glad I booked online back in Sept!
Great! Thanks for the info. Kanata put my winters on my other car last weekend. I booked an appointment for the 3 a while back but had to cancel. Guess I’m going to be lining up early or installing them myself.