Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Costco: QuickJack BL-7000SLX online - $1499 shipped - Work on your Tesla in isolation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For my fellow Canucks stuck at home, itching to work on their Teslas (I.e. switch to summer tires), Costco has the QuickJack BL-7000SLX on sale on line for $1499.99 shipped. Not the cheapest it's ever been but if you're looking for a jack for a home garage this should work.

https://www.costco.ca/quickjack-bl-...ble-car-lifting-system.product.100410530.html

Plus, with 7000lb lift capacity it should work well with our cars.

For my fellow Canucks stuck at home, itching to work on their Teslas (I.e. switch to summer tires), Costco has the QuickJack BL-7000SLX on sale on line for $1499.99 shipped. Not the cheapest it's ever been but if you're looking for a jack for a home garage this should work.

https://www.costco.ca/quickjack-bl-...ble-car-lifting-system.product.100410530.html

Cool Jack....might be time to look at this vs my pump jack and hockey pucks

But....Costco's site says :This product is back-ordered, and is expected to ship between 05/11/2020 and 05/15/2020.

I've the BL-5000SLX and it does work with the Model 3, without the frame extension, just barely. I use the large rectangular blocks that come with the jack, together with those circular hockey-puck jack pads.

Thanks for the feedback.

Have you tried it cross wise instead of down the sides?

looks like the 7000 .9” higher in its fully collapsed form as well.

Wonder if this will work with my Model S?

You need to measure the distance between the Model S jack points. This SLX model support a max "Max lifting point spread" (QuickJack's terminology) distance of 60 inches. If the front-to-backjack point is longer than 60 inches you can check the left-to-right jack point distance and possibly use it sideways. Or look into buying the frame extension, which Costco does not carry.

Page 11 and 12 of their PDF manual has all the dimension data listed for all their models:
https://www.quickjack.com/pub/downloads/QuickJack-Car-Lift-Manual.pdf

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Bear in mind with the 3 you can lift a whole side from the rear jack point using a regular jack and do two wheels at a time. Not sure this really saves me $1500 worth of time considering it's also huge to have lying around - maybe I just need a bigger garage though!

It says "Hydraulic fluid not included". What does that mean? I have to buy fluid and fill it myself? I'm a bit of a noob but I know when techs service hydraulic brakes they need to bleed the lines and have special equipment to do that? Is the lack of a fluid going to be a problem for a noob like me?

It says "Hydraulic fluid not included". What does that mean? I have to buy fluid and fill it myself? I'm a bit of a noob but I know when techs service hydraulic brakes they need to bleed the lines and have special equipment to do that? Is the lack of a fluid going to be a problem for a noob like me?

I was a noob until I did it :) It was my first experience with a hydraulic system too. You'll need to fill it with some brake fluid and make sure the hose connectors don't leak.

You can search around YouTube to see if you wanna take it on; below are two setup videoes that I referenced myself:

I've the BL-5000SLX and it does work with the Model 3, without the frame extension, just barely. I use the large rectangular blocks that come with the jack, together with those circular hockey-puck jack pads.

I bought the 5000-slx model last October when it was on sale for $150 off. I use the Murphy pads and I’m lowered about 1.5”. It works for my 3, but I wish the frames were about 3-4” longer.

Attachments

• DA0DC9F3-C606-4F45-A06E-E69227B5CB7C.jpeg
    DA0DC9F3-C606-4F45-A06E-E69227B5CB7C.jpeg
    467.4 KB · Views: 326
I didn’t take any photos of the specific jack points and I have a 7000 but can you tell you that the steel pucks I use hang off the front and back by about 1/3. The rubber blocks on the jack compress quite a bit so the rubber is nearly touching the car.

I was slightly concerned seeing this as well but after leaving my car on the jacks over 24 hours and feeling how stable it is I’m comfortable enough.

Hopefully the description helps a little at least.

looking at the photo just above your post that’s what mine looked like as well but my jack points are quite a bit thinner so they rubber blocks get closer to the paint.

cool thanks for the notice.

Anyone use this on a model S and have any comment on whether or not clearance is an issue, or if you need to put the air suspension on high mode or something? A few videos online saw guys jerry rigging it to work with various cars parking with tires on 1" wood planks etc. to get enough clearance under the car to life it.