Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Costco tire rotation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$60 lifetime + rotation. I then took my suv in for the same at a different store and they did it for free.
I suspect it was free on good will because I talked to them about replacements.

it's free here in AZ for both, but it never hurts to talk to them about replacements. I want to learn about replacement pricing/quality anways

I did my first rotation today at Costco on my 2019 LR RWD at 10,000 miles. I made an appointment for 2pm to try and avoid long wait times. Here are a few things I experienced that may be helpful to others getting ready to do a tire rotation.

1) Price was $26.99. If I had bought the tires at Costco it would have been free but these are still OEM tires.

2) Even though I had an appointment it took them 2 hours. Not very happy about that.

3) Rear tires were at 6/32, front tires at 8/32. So it was a good call to rotate them.

4) They inflated all four tires with nitrogen. The PSI they claim they inflated the tires to is 42. My door jamb says 45. I’m thinking they did not bother looking at the door jamb and just went with 42 since newer Model 3’s have 42 on the door jamb.

5) The TPMS is registering 47-48 psi on the tires. I’m thinking this is because they replaced the air with nitrogen and the sensors have not adjusted yet. I did not notice much difference on the ride home.

6) They did not properly secure the aero cap on the front passenger tire so it was loose when I got home. Good thing I checked.

7) A slice of pizza cost $1.99. Free samples today were just average.
Did you check the torque range? It is suppose to be 129 lbs/in. and rechecked again after 25-50 miles.

Does over-inflating to 50psi on your 18 in areo wheel make the tires wear out prematurely in the center/middle areas of the tire? I am thinking the tire will expand outwards like a balloon?

Yes, they should. That's a typical symptom of overinflation. Whether or not its noticeable on a 3 is unclear. It is only 5 psi over the original recommendation, after all.