Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Costco told me Michelin X-ice Xi3 wont fit with my SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a slightly different note. I don't buy any tires at Costco. Our here where I live, they are simply not competitive at all. Maybe that is different in other areas, I don't know. The tires I bought for my car where $380 cheaper for the whole set at a local tire store for the same exact brand and sku number of tire.

Just installed my Ice-X winter tires at Costco Montreal West Island. They knew to set the pressure to 42. Not only that, they wanted me to come back after 40km to double check that all lug nuts maintained the correct torque value of 129 lb ft. Very impressed and satisfied with their knowledge of Tesla. Make sure to book an early appointment and you should be done within 1h. All in cost $1255, not including $110 GC promo from a few weeks ago.

353BCD33-ADC9-4340-9ECA-B74DECD2427E.jpeg

Last edited:
@jamesspice thanks for sharing, I also live in Burlington and was planning on buying X-Ice Xi3's from Costco, as this has been my tire of choice for the last 7 years. I bought another set of 18" areo's rims which should be coming in this weekend. Have you talked to Burlington Tire? Nice to meet someone from Burlington.

@Flexbomb I also bought the R187's, but read some people have had issues? How has your experience been?

I think the original issues were software related and not having regs in them when switching to winters. I’m good with them now. Get the aero caps cause it matches the Center hub perfectly.

I just got my X-Ice installed at Costco Nanaimo on Wednesday. They had no issues installing them nor did they give me any flak about speed ratings etc. I specifically asked in advance if they were comfortable installing winter tires on a Model 3 and they said they have the lift adapters and they had done it before. I think this must vary considerably from Costco to Costco, depending on the staff there.

Cost including installation: $1231.90, with a $110 Costco card sent electronically to me after ordering, so $1120 after that.

That's so strange that it's not chain wide. The Kanata Costco had no issues at all - they explained that they have the correct lift pads and didn't blink at all when I gave them a card instead of a key fob. It was really a great experience.