Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Costs of service, what else should I get?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I think I've figure out my "power steering" issue (2017 S 70), I put the car on a jack to look at the steering and saw that the insides of both front tires are torn up, MOT fail type bad and not really that safe to drive.

My local tire place will do the tires but doesn't want to touch the alignment as he doesn't have the right data and is worried other issues.

So I've changed the diagnostic appointment to getting the alignment done but I forgot to ask how much and now can't get through to the SC. Has anyone had their front end alignment redone at Brooklands and know the cost?

Also, this is the first time I've taken the car to the dealer since I got it 12,000 miles ago (about 9 months). Does anyone have any recommendations about anything else I should ask them about while I'm there?

When I checked service costs in May last year, wheel alignment for an S was £174.

Consider a brake fluid test (and replacement if needed) and possible AC desiccant and cabin air filter but that depends when they were last done...

Brakes service?

The 'winter care' service to clean and re-grease the brake assembly costs around £174 (2019 price).

Tesla were previously adamant that it was not required in the UK, but I imagine they would still do it if you insist.

If the brake fluid test shows that a flush and replacement is needed then the price for that last year was £159.90 for an S and £186 for an X, no idea on a 3.

Also, this is the first time I've taken the car to the dealer since I got it 12,000 miles ago (about 9 months). Does anyone have any recommendations about anything else I should ask them about while I'm there?

Am confused are you saying you own a Tesla that has covered 12k WITHOUT having to go back to a service centre for warranty work!!!

Must be a strange feeling, something on our X is guaranteed to fail every 6 months or so resulting in need for a service centre visit. Each time the service centre does a 'curtosey service check', like replacing wipers etc. In 36k I've yet to pay for any kind of 'servicing' :).

Reactions: Artiste