Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

COTA / Bastrop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sublimaze1

8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins
Sep 6, 2012
Basin City, TX
I probably posted something like this last year (at this time) but my memory is not as sharp as it used to be, so ...

... I am taking the golf cart to COTA for the MotoGP in a few weeks time. (As an aside, if anyone is going, come see me in the T2 lot, Trailered BBQ grille, 10x10 white canopies, pit bike, scotch ... you get the picture).

I did a plugshare search and found a charger in the premium lots (over by the RVs) and a KOA in bastrop, both noted to have the ability to give me electrons. After emailing, both COTA and KOA (in no uncertain terms) told me I was mistaken and they do not have that capability. There is a place a few miles west of the Holiday Inn Bastrop (where we are staying) that I charged a few years ago, but I kept flipping the breaker and I got, maybe, 20-25 miles and ended up heading to San Marcos where I hung out in the SC in the middle of the night.

I would not like to do that again.

Anyhow, As I am meeting many folks there and they have transportaiton, I would not object to a 110 that I could sit on for the three days and then just get the car and head out Sunday. I am staying at the Holiday Inn Bastrop, but as I recall, their outside outlets are turned off (or were).

My backup plan is to arrive at the lot with enough on the range to get to San Marcos if I have to, but I would much prefer to not have to deal with that in the midst of the festivities of which I covet.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I may just call Clint Liquors and see if he will let me plug in if I buy some whiskey from him.

Regards
WJ