Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Could a M3 make it up my driveway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at a Tesla in the near future and I dont know if it would get damaged when pulling in to my driveway, any advice
20210928_155028.jpg

They are pretty low clearance (and its a flat bottom, not just a muffler hanging low). The part that might scrape is unfortunately the most expensive part of the car as opposed to a (relatively) cheap muffler or catalytic converter. I definitely wouldn't try it with ny car (based on the perceived angle).

The Model 3 non-performance has similar ground clearance to your dodge caravan. M3 5.5", caravan 5.8".

Does that caravan in your driveway hit? If it scrapes I would no go on the M3. You won't be scraping the frame like a reg car. You would be scraping the battery.

I am looking at a Tesla in the near future and I dont know if it would get damaged when pulling in to my driveway, any advice
Looks challenging, but no way to tell conclusively from the picture alone.
As others stated, find a way to take a car for a test drive through your driveway. Then repeat with +1+3 passengers in the test car. Draw conclusions based on test results.

The part that might scrape is unfortunately the most expensive part of the car
If TM3 at all scrapes, it would be while cresting over the hill from the driveway to the level section next to the entrance.
The part that would scrape is NOT the battery, but the longitudinal support rails/sills that house lifting points for the car. Not great, and not something I would want to entertain regularly, but definitely not tragic either.

HTH,
a

I only said "try reverse" because we had a very steep driveway with a sharp angle at the street and the Audi TT that I had would scrape so bad that I tried it in reverse. It worked and did not scrape when I went down the driveway. Just giving my experience on that, may not work for you.

I would love to however I'm immune compromised and stuck at home for now.
Its a touchless experience. I was just handed a key and told where the car was and to bring it back when I was done. Just wear a mask and put on some latex gloves if you are worried or take some wipes to wipe down the steering wheel and stalks and screen. You take the car out on your own, not with anyone else.

Reactions: Dishnu