Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Could not connect to home Wifi (Ubiquiti UniFi Long Range Access Point)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@reddy yes all devices have latest firmware. (5.12.35-12979-1 / 4.0.69.10871)
I'm using UnifiCloudkey as controller.

2.4GHz band is active, channel Auto, HT20, transmit power Auto. DHCP managed by SGU. SSID is broadcasted.
But the thing is. When I search for my WIFI in my car then he doesn't even find it. Also when I put in network manually he cannot connect.
So for some reason (and no it's not due to weak signal) he cannot see the network. I have other clients connect to 2.4GHz and mode G so I'm sure that is working. Tried several settings but didn't work yet.

Edit: did some research and one site is telling that only channels 1-11 are supported by Tesla. Currently my AP is now on channel 13. Will change channel tomorrow and think that will solve it. Keep you posted.

Last edited:
@reddy yes all devices have latest firmware. (5.12.35-12979-1 / 4.0.69.10871)
I'm using UnifiCloudkey as controller.

2.4GHz band is active, channel Auto, HT20, transmit power Auto. DHCP managed by SGU. SSID is broadcasted.
But the thing is. When I search for my WIFI in my car then he doesn't even find it. Also when I put in network manually he cannot connect.
So for some reason (and no it's not due to weak signal) he cannot see the network. I have other clients connect to 2.4GHz and mode G so I'm sure that is working. Tried several settings but didn't work yet.

Is this your only access point on your network?

Perhaps the config issue is in the SSID.
In the Settings > WIreless Networks configuration
Click on the pencil next to your SSID name to edit the SSID configuration

WPA2 Encryption - AES/CCMP only
Enable GTK rekeying every 3600 seconds
User group = default.
I am using WPA personal, and Combine 2G and 5G into one is CHECKED.
Connect high performance clients to 5G only is checked, but the AP there has no 5G, so perhaps uncheck that box.
DTIM Mode - use default
2G Data Rate Control is checked, the slider is on 6Mbps
The remaining boxes are unchecked. Mac filtering is not enabled,radius is not enabled.