Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Could Someone with OEM Rear Hitch installed please help?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking of purchasing this rack for my 2 ebikes Double eBike / Bicycle Carrier . It's light (only 27lbs) and can hold up to 200lbs (important for hauling ebikes).

I'm getting my hitch installed this weekend by Tesla so I can't check myself, but could someone with the OEM hitch please help me figure out if the pinhole of the hitch is equal to or less than 4-1/2” from pin hole to outside edge of bumper? Need to know this because if its more than 4-1/2" then I need to have the manufacturer make an adjustment to the rack receiver before ordering.

Want to order this thing ASAP for a trip coming up and if I wait for the weekend it might not come up in time.

Thanks!

Here's 2 pics measuring from center of pin hole. It's just less than 4.5 inches. One odd thing about the hitch rating is that it has a different rating for towing vs a bike rack. 350 lbs for towing and 160lbs for bike rack, supposedly vertical stress while in motion.

Attachments

• IMG_9058.JPG
    IMG_9058.JPG
    360.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_9057.JPG
    IMG_9057.JPG
    561.1 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: Tha_Ape and Nikkin