TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Could the model s do this?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by THE_MAD_BOMBER, Oct 9, 2013.

1. THE_MAD_BOMBER

THE_MAD_BOMBER New Member

2. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Personally I am not interested in a car travelling at 300 km/h. It's dangerous to drive at that speed. IMO main thing is the acceleration and the Model S has a very good accelaration considering her size.

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Where can you do that in uptsate New York?

4. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Member

5. dflye

dflye S Sig Perf 414, VIN 814

Driving at that speed on an undivided multi-lane road is sheer insanity! Even if you can control your own vehicle, you cannot control the reactions of other vehicles going in either direction as you wantonly cross over the center line while passing folks at several times their speed.

While I've had my S over 100 MPH a few times on a vacant divided highway, I certainly wouldn't be playing chicken on an undivided highway!

Save that sort of speed for a closed course, especially if driving an S, don't need any more bad press at the moment from irresponsible drivers.

6. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

#6 wiztecy, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    People cannot see you coming nor react in time when any object is traveling that fast, its only place is on the track and not on populated streets.

Truth is its not about top speed, its all about quickness. When and why the hell do you want to do 186 MPH? And if you do on the street, your time is limited on this earth as you know it... its only a matter of time until somebody pulls in front of you or a deer runs out.

However rocket sprints and quickness have more usefullness in daily driving, and if you do strike something, chances you're still going to be around to play is way higher!

A big part of what people don't get is that somebody has to clean up that 186MPH mess and see it on the road when it does go bad. Its a tragic mind boggling sight. No Thanks. I'll stick to my Rocket Sprints.

HaHa... just saw the Troll comment, so true... the one and only post from THE_MAD_BOMBER, sounds like someone who's been eating at the taqueria all day and is now sitting on the can.

7. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Two words: natural selection

8. TsRocket

TsRocket Member

Crazy ass! Stopped after 1:27 mins.

9. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I don't speak caps.

10. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

11. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

Didn't click, don't care.

12. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Actually this thread has suggested me another good thing concerning the Model S. The Model has a very good acceleration but cannot reach 300 Km/h. I like the Model S also for this.

13. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member