Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Could these be the 100D Specs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The chart below and attached is based on current Wikipedia info.

The yellow column is an educated guess based primarily on current AWD Model S versions.

Assumptions about the 100D:
1. It will use the same battery pack as the P100D
2. It will use the same motors and controllers as the 90D

Based on these two assumptions, the range will likely be proportional to:
1. The battery capacity increase over the 90D (100/90 * 294 = 327 miles) or
2. The ratio of the 90D to the P90D(L) (294/270 * 315 = 343 miles)

For the speculative 100D yellow column, I took an average of the two ranges to get 335 miles.

Since the battery cells are substantially different for the 100 kWh pack, it's possible that, even with the same motors and controllers as the 90D, the performance could increase. 0-60 times could dip below 4 seconds.

This could be a smart move for Tesla. It would give buyers TWO reasons to buy a 100D over a 90D: 1. range and 2. performance. And do so without cannibalizing sales of the P100D.

My pricing estimate is just an educated guess based on recent price differentials between similar Teslas with different battery packs. Despite a reported lower cost for the new cells, Teslas "value pricing" model seems to be working pretty well for them.

As far as availability goes, it's not clear how soon they can ship enough 100 KWh batteries to meet the pent-up demand for 100Ds. So, my January date may be too optimistic. 90Ds and 100Ds may co-exist for some time.

100D Speculation 4.jpg

Time will tell....

Attachments

• 100D Speculation 4.pdf
    229.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited: