Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Could This be FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a 2018 MS with pre-paid FSD. Last year they did the MCU upgrade, and I have been told that the camera upgrade will be rolled out at some point, but I can't get FSD until that time.
This week (v. 2021.8.9) a full color dash screen appeared and I could toggle 'Full Self Drive Beta' and "traffic light and stop sign'. The car makes full 90 degree turns now, stops at stop signs and generally navigates significantly more precisely. with full screen imagery. Is this FSD? If not, what further enhancements might I expect?

The feature comes and goes which is very annoying but is certainly fun to play with when operating. I am at a loss to figure out what is going on. Thanks for any insight.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
That is the FSD Beta. You should turn it off and then turn it back on, and read the warning screens that are displayed before it is enabled. Tesla will give you info about what it can and can't do, and let you know that it can do the wrong thing at the worst time.

When on the highway, it will not use the beta visulizations, so I assume that's what you mean by "come and go."

If you want to see some videos showing the strengths and drawbacks of the system, I have many videos showing me using FSD beta in hard and easy scenarios at www.youtube.com/c/dirtytesla.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Reactions: K5TRX and croman
...(v. 2021.8.9) a full color dash screen appeared and I could toggle 'Full Self Drive Beta' and "traffic light and stop sign'. The car makes full 90 degree turns now, stops at stop signs and generally navigates significantly more precisely. with full screen imagery. Is this FSD? If not, what further enhancements might I expect?

The feature comes and goes which is very annoying but is certainly fun to play with when operating. I am at a loss to figure out what is going on. Thanks for any insight.

I am not sure about your very high version because the highest is 2021.44.5.

Since your car can make turns in the city then it is surely FSD beta because public FSD can't.

City Streets is now feature complete. It now only needs to be refined so drivers won't have to override the system as often.

I am not sure why your FSD beta is intermittent.

Thanks to all for the information. Clearly Tesla support didn't know what they were talking about. Also, there is no formal notification when you receive the FSD. However, it is a neat option to play with, but requires serious attention when in use.

Thanks to all for the information. Clearly Tesla support didn't know what they were talking about. Also, there is no formal notification when you receive the FSD. However, it is a neat option to play with, but requires serious attention when in use.
The release notes show you it has FSD Beta. And then in the menu when you toggle it on, a pop up comes on the screen saying that you agree, and beta can do the wrong thing at the worst time. You must then agree that you will pay attention or they will remove beta if you get 3 strikes.

Reactions: K5TRX