Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Could we Start a Thread and let member to vote what they need for firmware upgrade ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi ...

is it possible that we could start a thread which member and owner of Model S & Model X can vote for what they need most for the User Interface Firmware Upgrade ?

I like the idea, but as much as we like to think our suggestions matter, Tesla will put in what they want. This is good and bad, in that some of you have terrible suggestions, so I don't have to ever worry about them getting in. But others have excellent suggestions which may never see the light of day.

I was toying with the idea of a spreadsheet that compiled ALL the feature requests and then allow members to vote on Google drive. Columns so far would be, Request, day requested, fulfilled date, optional reason for request, and then vote Talley. Do it similar to reddit where you only have one, or a couple of votes to cast so it helps Tesla prioritize.

I think it's too individualistic.

Like what drives me nuts might not really bug other people.

My two votes would be for

1.) Improved handling of automatic lights. I've seen the lights come on when the wipers sense rain, but then they turn right back off. Why are my lights constantly turning on/off? Why don't they stay on knowing the wipers have auto-wiped in the last few minutes. What's interesting is I'll use the auto-lights in the Tesla, but never in my Jeep. Why? Cause there are no hand controls for it in the Tesla. It's two layers deep in the Tesla GUI.

2.) Shutting up the nav. Just tell me once that I'm in a dead end or to turn soon. Stop telling me over and over.