Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Could you live without the Tesla app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So can any owners give me a balanced view on this, what would be a real issue in not having the app?

the inner geek in me really wants the app and everything it can do but the flexibility of evezy is a huge appeal so keen for any and all thoughts.

Ofcourse you can live without the App, but without it your losing some of funky stuff that only comes with a Tesla. I once turned on the heated steering for my wife when she phoned me and mentioned she couldn't work out how to do, and I was sat at home :).

Also the GPS/map feature is great for dropping off/picking up at shopping centres etc, means people can see when you're about to arrive rather than wait around to be picked up.

Just the amount of options for cabin heating on the phone app is nuts, seat/demister/temp/steering wheel, all can be controlled independently. When really cold also shows battery heater.

48830445748_0fb472a3ed_c.jpg

So i can confirm the EVEZY App can do the following and its quite substantial now:

Lock/Unlock
Frunk and Trunk Open (They have it on the app but not working yet)
Open and Close Charge Port
Set pre-conditioning and Driver / Passenger Temperatures (also starts heated seats if they were on when you last drove)
Defrost Front and Rear
Start and Stop Charging
Set charge % limit
View charging status and current battery %
Flash lights
Honk Horn

Evezy offer some things via their app, as far as I know. I don't think it's a case that all you can do is lock and unlock the car.

I suspect the reason they don't support the Tesla app is because (presumably) you could start the car with it as a substitute key, and therefore be able to open and drive the car even if your subscription has ended and someone else has it.

That being said - Evezy allow (or don't block) the BMW Connected app from working, although I can't start the car with it I can unlock and lock it, and also see where the car is. I would presume (hope!) that you lose access to the BMW Connected app once your subscription ends.

Evezy offer some things via their app, as far as I know. I don't think it's a case that all you can do is lock and unlock the car.

I suspect the reason they don't support the Tesla app is because (presumably) you could start the car with it as a substitute key, and therefore be able to open and drive the car even if your subscription has ended and someone else has it.

That being said - Evezy allow (or don't block) the BMW Connected app from working, although I can't start the car with it I can unlock and lock it, and also see where the car is. I would presume (hope!) that you lose access to the BMW Connected app once your subscription ends.

See a few posts up:

So i can confirm the EVEZY App can do the following and its quite substantial now:

Lock/Unlock
Set pre-conditioning and Driver / Passenger Temperatures (also starts heated seats if they were on when you last drove)
Defrost Front and Rear
Start and Stop Charging
Set charge % limit
Flash lights
Honk Horn

I've had a thought about that since earlier comments and easier ways to achieve this. I'm not convinced that after car is taken back it is a problem as, without giving much more thought, starting car with app as key can be disabled by removing the phone from the car keys and changing the password on the account locks out the app and disables any tokens that may be in use elsewhere. So two simple actions defeats this. What they may be more concerned about though, and again without giving much thought, is an ex user changing the account password and locking lease company out. But I am sure Tesla could sort that issue :D

Lock/Unlock
Defrost Front and Rear
Start and Stop Charging
Set charge % limit
Flash lights
Honk Horn

Awesome thanks for this @discoM3 Are you an Evezy model 3 driver?