TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

could you use EV batteries to power your laptop??

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rheazombi, May 19, 2009.

1. Rheazombi

Rheazombi Member

Dec 17, 2008
    The battery pack thread and the stupid questions thread has got me thinking...

could you use EV li-ion batteries to power your laptop? I see EV batteries with 150 AH can be a few hundred bucks online (I checked here ), versus my 7.66 AH(? 11.1 v with 85 wH) laptop battery which also cost a couple hundred bucks... or is it a voltage problem??

by the way, I don't have ANY electrical experience whatsoever, but if it involved soldering and some extra parts, I'd still be interested to know if it could work! :tongue:

I'm envisioning a laptop battery that could last me for days while roadtripping and maybe be the size of a small briefcase *_*

I can dream right?:rolleyes: I also haven't found this question anywhere on the internet, probably because nobody has been stupid enough to ask!
  2. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Central New York
    Well if you're in a vehicle you could just get an adapter to plug into the cigarette lighter, but yes you could wire up some large cells to power your laptop.