Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Couldn't qualify for a loan, going to lease instead

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Alliant pre approved me before I ordered the Model X, then the 30 days expired and now that the vehicle is ready to be picked up they re pull my credit and jacked the rates up and required proof of income which I was unable to provide as a part of my income is generated outside this country citing a drop in my score yet Credit Karma says my score went up

My last resort was to apply for a lease and do a $25k down and in three years buy it out, I know this is not an ideal situation as I plan to but a way more then the allotted 15,000 a year but I am planning on buying at the end of the lease as I cant seem to qualify for the loan.

Anyone else have a ny bright ideas?

There are three credit monitoring sites on all three can vary when it comes to scores. They shouldn't have changed if you have not had a change in your credit history. On the other hand if you have borrowed more money, had additional credit inquiries, or not paid bills on time then your credit would have dropped. Have you though of getting a loan from a different bank. Also interest rates are rising so you credit will become tighter. Tesla leases have terrible terms.