Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Couldn't wait, bought a used 2020 LR++

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PXL_20210520_134313917.jpg

Life too short to live on Elon time. Ordered a new X Jan 10 2021, This car above is NOT it. Delivery for new was Feb, then -, now don't even have car in account today. Still have 2021 on order, as $100 is lost anyway and get to see when it would be available. That car is named MIA (Missing In Action).

We went to the internet. Found this 7 month old Sept 2020 with the 2021 'H' battery for 371 Miles range. Meet EVE THE PIGEON. It was in California, bought sight unseen and shipped it here to Wisconsin. So we are Truly the "First In Town" to have a Tesla. It's an amazing thing.

Got to say, the FWD are awesome and the Christmas Light show is a great way to show off her abilities! Great party tricks for an area that has zero Teslas.

There were 3 times in my life and tech device has IMPRESSED me. 1) 1992, first time saw a 'Multi-Media Pentium PC' playing chess while playing a CD. 2) When got my first Android Droid X in 2010 and 3) This car. SOO many things to learn, I'm slowly reading the manual.

She came with FSD, and for the price we paid, it was effectively price at $0! So glad, as being honest, it really is NOT that great for the asking price of $10k. Maybe in the future, but this version really seems to have along way to go before it's anything over level 2.

She gets great efficiency. We got an ave of 285 wH/mile on the 450 miles we put on this weekend. 2 lane side roads, 4 lane interstate, and a little city driving. Extrapolate out and that is a REAL 350-360 miles range if ran battery to zero.

In Car Route planning is really accurate with respect to range and battery used to get somewhere, so Navigating everywhere right now.

Front seats are REALLY comfy! Middle row, ok but wife said not as much.

FM radio reception in 'the sticks' is some of the best we've seen. Like the old Pioneer SuperTuners did in the 80's.

Audio system sounds really good also.

Downsides, FSD is not that good, and the schedual for TOU charging doesn't seem as easy or complete to setup as my Volt, but I haven't got to that part of the manual yet.

Overall, in the honeymoon period and really liking the car!

FirstInTown

Last edited:
Found on Cars.com. I talked to the guy, as this was a personal sale. He sent me picts and videos directly. Car had 7,800 miles and was in an L.A. suburb, so it didn't see the salt of winters around here.

Car is immaculate except someone needed to learn how to avoid curb rashing the pass front rim. It had 3-4 good scrapes. I got money off because of that.

Car is LR++, 5 seater, 20" rim, red (+$2500), white int(+$2000) with FSD (+$10,000 but he paid $7,000 at the time I believe). He bought before the $10,000 price increase of 2021 refresh. So If I add up, he paid about $91,500. (New pricing would be $104,500 for refreshed model.) I got for the low-mid $80s. He was selling because he is buying out his business partner and needed the cash now.

When I look at cars.com, they are listing at low->upper 80s for black, white and 1 blue with various miles. However, ALL are earlier builds (12-2019 to 6-2020) with 326-351 miles, non- H battery. Not that that would scare me away, but having a LATE (9-2020->12-2020) X gets you the best battery tech available for that year and 371 epa rating.

Last edited: