Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Countdown: Pre-configured Roadsters Available Right Now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a reservation for an S and can only see 7 options on the right menu none of which are "View Inventory" in my "My Tesla" page.

Here's a screenshot of where it is for me:

Attachments

• Available Inventory.JPG
    Available Inventory.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 139
Anyone know the color of this? :

VIN: 1128 - Roadster Sport 2.5
Color: Custom

By the way, I think when they say "Location: Design Studio" it may mean the Roadster is at Space-X? (Not a virtual Roadster in the virtual/on-line "Design Studio".)

Last edited:
I still can't find their inventory list on their website (logged on and starting at the My Tesla page). What page do I navigate to?
I only ever saw an inventory list at the Tesla store. I told the salesman what I was looking for and he went through the list and then showed me the ones that matched my criteria. I was also curious about price range and he showed me the most expensive one on the list. $180,000 IIRC. I didn't want any options (hey, I drive a Zap Xebra now!) and the one with the fewest options was #1117. I liked the color (very orange) so I bought it. I'd have taken any color except red or white, but I really like the orange. It's even better than the bright yellow of the t-zero I coveted way back when.

Anyone know the color of this? :

VIN: 1128 - Roadster Sport 2.5
Color: Custom

By the way, I think when they say "Location: Design Studio" it may mean the Roadster is at Space-X? (Not a virtual Roadster in the virtual/on-line "Design Studio".)
I think you're right about the Design Studio.

I seem to recall that the "Custom" color above was someone who paid to have their Roadster in their own color. I think you can specify any standard automobile paint color available from PPG and similar companies, but I could be thinking of other exotic car companies who allow custom-ordering of paint colors. But this would only be for custom-order Roadsters, not Spec.

I think you can specify any standard automobile paint color available from PPG and similar companies, but I could be thinking of other exotic car companies who allow custom-ordering of paint colors. But this would only be for custom-order Roadsters, not Spec.

My custom color had to be a Dupont paint for Lotus to do the work at the factory. It you like a color that comes fro from PPG or other paint maker it's not a big deal though. All factory paints are quickly matched by every company because repair shops stick with their favorite paint suppliers. Custom mixes are done in Dupont paints and repair shops either need the mix formula or match by eye.

On your "My Tesla" page, click on "View Inventory" from the menu of eight options. To be clear, I only remember seeing this item after I paid for my Roadster, so perhaps it is not visible to anyone but owners. It may not be sufficient to just have an account, although I really cannot test this.

Note that you're really better off talking to a salesman, because they have access to the complete inventory. I purchased a Roadster that never appeared on the web site, and I imagine there might be more examples of 'hidden' gems. Seriously, the salesmen at the Tesla Stores are great to work with!

I bought, paid for and took delivery and still don't have that option on my page. Oh well, talked to my sales rep this afternoon and he said they have about 50 custom slots available in addition to the thirty some spec cars.

You have to go through the Design Studio and save your design (after clicking the buy a roadster button) before you get access to the inventory, such as it is. Of course you don't have to buy a Roadster, just go through the wizard. Sure wish I could buy my design. It's only $141,695 (plus $14,000 in sales tax of course).

See first post - the number of available (aka pre-built spec) cars dropped substantially over the US Holiday weekend. Now only 31 in North America and 26 in Europe. I was just at Santana Row for lunch and the Thunder Gray 2.5 non-sport just sold (it's still on the showroom floor).

And now for today's installment of bad news/good needs/bad news:

Bad: In CA, the CARB rebate funding ran out on June 20.

Good: There's a new funding plan proposed to reinstate it with triple the funding as previously allocated!

Bad: The per vehicle amount has been cut in half. So, the max is $2.5K instead of $5K

Down to 30 in North America. Thunder Gray and Glacier Blue are sold out; Sterling Silver, Brilliant Yellow, and Racing Green were gone a while ago. The only 2 remaining non-Sport Roadsters are both Very Orange, by some strange coincidence.

Anyone have numbers on how many custom-order Roadsters are still available? Do they still allow non-Sport custom-orders at this time?

Seems like the first announcement of the end of custom-orders really cleared the available slots quickly, and yet the newly-available 100 custom-order slots are not nearly going so fast. I guess it's hard to gauge the exact market demand until you make more available and they stop selling...

Anyone have numbers on how many custom-order Roadsters are still available?

I have been talking to a potential buyer - My understanding is that some customization is possible in the form of options, but not on color.

Do they still allow non-Sport custom-orders at this time?

No. I'm told that mine was one of the last.

I have been talking to a potential buyer - My understanding is that some customization is possible in the form of options, but not on color.
See, this is what I find confusing. If you go by the Tesla Motors web programming and comments like the ones you're passing on, then it seems like there never were an additional 100 custom-orders. If they're just selling the 30 remaining spec cars as pseudo-custom, where you're stuck with picking from the lot of pre-made colors and swapping out parts, then that's a different story than I was led to believe. This smells a lot like nothing more than gussied-up spec cars.

If they indeed made an agreement with Lotus for an additional 100 new gliders, and are offering these to the U.S. market as custom-orders, then there should be absolutely no restrictions on colors. If a new glider is being made for you, then you should even have the option of a custom color beyond the 14 standard/metallic/premium colors. I suppose I should ask Tesla, but it seems that my sources have already proven unreliable, so it feels like a moot point.

Last edited: