Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Countdown: Pre-configured Roadsters Available Right Now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that car spent some time at EuroCarsUS...

eurocarsus.com | Tumblr

Electric car turns heads in Minnesota | kare11.com

EurocarsUS Tesla Motors Present 'MN Drives the Future', July 2nd

#858 #809 - Eurocars - Minnesota

Facebook: EuroCarsUS
...Our Tesla Roadster Sport is here! 0 - 60 in 3.7 sec... and it uses NO gas. Electrifying performance! Buy a car... and drive our Tesla supercar FREE for a day (some restrictions apply)...
The Tesla Roadster Comes To Minneapolis
Lakeshore-Weekly-Print-Ad.jpg

Tesla Roadster in Minnesota | Saturday May 8th

EurocarsUS to Display Its Tesla Roadster Sport at the MN State Fair,... -- SAINT PAUL, Minn., Aug. 26 /PRNewswire/ --
CG55493.jpg

It seems like many of EuroCarsUS web sites have become private. I wonder if they are shutting down?

Last edited:
If only I could import that sucker into Canada... :)

Is that fundamentally impossible for some reason?

And a question: Are there any members out there who've bought pre-owned Roadsters and are planning to claim the tax rebate? My understanding is that the wording of it is all very unspecific and you could legitimately do this even if you're not buying the car new.

Last edited:
The list needs to be updated & changed...whilst some U.S. gassers might require substantial work to allow them to be imported into Canada, a BEV would require just a few changes & software upgrades (comparatively).

I think it is to the consumer's advantage to have the North American auto market viewed as one...I guess that is not so for vehicle manufacturers...

And a question: Are there any members out there who've bought pre-owned Roadsters and are planning to claim the tax rebate? My understanding is that the wording of it is all very unspecific and you could legitimately do this even if you're not buying the car new.

Sorry, but Section 1141 of the ARRA says that it has to be a new car. They are trying to encourage manufacturers to build new ones; they don't want the cars to keep changing hands afterwards.

The list needs to be updated & changed...whilst some U.S. gassers might require substantial work to allow them to be imported into Canada, a BEV would require just a few changes & software upgrades (comparatively).

I think it is to the consumer's advantage to have the North American auto market viewed as one...I guess that is not so for vehicle manufacturers...

It'd be nice if Tesla made it possible to import a US spec roadster into Canada once the new ones are sold out... It'd help keep the rangers busy making all the necessary modifications etc.

Is this the scoop on the "extra 100" gliders that Tesla contracted for?

www.thechargingpoint.com

I don't think so, or at least the UK/Europe numbers are referring to a "different" hundred gliders. I was essentially offered one of the 100 new custom Roadsters as a US customer. This was when I got the callback after registering to see the remaining inventory.

Although I'd love to have our black Roadster and also a blue one like NigelM's, one of them would be parked in or driveway. In a few decades we should be able to change a setting on the dashboard to adjust the paint colour on the fly (something like a toughened version of the e-Ink used in the kindle & nook, or on this tank). That would be better. "But I digress..."

Last edited:
Down to 4 Roadsters in US!

I just updated the first post in the thread to indicate the current status: 4 Roadsters in US, 1 in Canada. Only 1 (at Santana Row) is actually New, and not a Demo (White with CF exterior bits).

Not included in this count are the Roadsters each store is keeping to have something to sell, and the second to last Roadster in North America, VIN 1463, which I heard the original orderer backed out from. It's at Menlo Park. I have some cellphone pictures of it if anyone is interested.

Sorry, but Section 1141 of the ARRA says that it has to be a new car. They are trying to encourage manufacturers to build new ones; they don't want the cars to keep changing hands afterwards.

Just for fun, let's imagine the tax credit did apply to used cars. Suppose 20 people get together and each buys a nicely configured Roadster, and gets a $7,500 tax credit. They all line up and sell their Roadster to the next person in line. Everyone gets another tax credit. Repeat this a total of 20 times and everyone gets $150,000 in tax credits. Free Roadsters for everyone! It only takes 5 people to do the same trick with the Nissan LEAF.

This could be fixed, if the IRS were willing to track every eligible car and assign each owner a pro-rated slice of the tax credit based on how long they owned the car. But all of this extra complexity wouldn't add any further incentive for automakers to produce these cars.

That's why tax credits do not and will never apply to used cars.