Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Countdown Timer to October 17 and --- Autopilot 2.0???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, to get the "late" cutoff out of the way first thing: Are we considering 00:01 GMT the 17th of October and switching to T+ as opposed to T-?

Based on your time, we're going with 00:01 Pacific time (which makes sense given timing from other Tesla events/announcements).

Countdown to the first minute of Monday (T-XX:XX:XX) pause until 23:59 Monday, then go to "late" (T+XX:XX:XX)?

Figure we should hammer this out "soon."

Edit: Punctuation is difficult, full stop

• Funny
Reactions: calisnow
Less than 24 hours to go until Elon gives us:

Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 12.48.41 AM.png

19 hours 'til we can all live like the Jetsons!

AP 2.0 will be a big "event" with large press turn out etc. I don't think this is it. My best guess (which could be wrong) is Power Wall 2.0

Go ahead and be realistic. I choose to dream the impossible dream: Elon has teamed up with an architecture firm and a real estate developer and will soon be accepting deposits for condos in the sky along with anti-gravity flying bubble cars. "Muskland Estates" - a new sky city somewhere in New Zealand.

Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 4.49.59 AM.png

You should just count down until the shareholder meeting, as I would guess that is when the reveal will be done. Then you don't have to use a time zone.

However, if you must do midnight, then you should do central time. It's the best compromise between the various US time zones. And since east and west coasters don't think anyone lives in central time, it doesn't show any favoritism. :p

• Funny
Reactions: calisnow
Now it's 11 hours 34 minutes until Midnight Pacific Time. Will the announcement be before NASDAQ TSLA Stock Market Open at 9:30 AM Eastern Time (6:30 AM Pacific), before Early Trading at my brokerage at 8AM Eastern (5AM Pacific), or after Market Close at 4PM Eastern (1PM Pacific), or after 5PM Eastern or 5PM Pacific (each when one of my brokerages closes aftermarket trading)? Usually, they only hold off until 4PM Eastern (1PM Pacific) for After-Market announcements. Also, could be during "Elon tired of the day" 3PM Pacific, or "Elon after a short commute and resting" 7PM or "Elon after a long commute" 9PM. Or, as we saw with Firmware 8.0, October 17 = around 5AM October 18, but this is not a firmware release. (That we know of.)

I'm going to go with either 9AM Pacific (which means we have 18 and a half hours to go), or 1PM Pacific (which means we have 24 hours 30 minutes to go).

Edit: just to show how little Elon probably likes people like me pontificating all sorts of things, he could release it at break of date UTC (in 4 and a half hours) or even IDL (7 and a half hours ago). I most certainly wouldn't mind.

Last edited:
Pushed until Wednesday. Elon Tweet just now: Elon Musk on Twitter

Wow. This is the clearest indication yet that it's Autopilot 2.0. What other product would need "a few days of refinement?" That's gotta be final tweaking/training of a neural network for demonstration purposes. They wouldn't need to "refine" a Powerwall, or a plastic model of a Model Y.

It's freaking here! AUTOPILOT 2.0 IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!!

Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 6.21.10 PM.png

Reactions: kevinf311