TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"Countdown to Connect" is slow and can I please remove it

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by eco5280, May 14, 2015.

1. eco5280

eco5280 Member

The live timer countdown is slowing down my browser experience vastly. Can you please turn it off or make it optional or something?

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

If you really believe a countdown timer is significantly impacting your browser, change the forum view by clicking on the dropdown button in the lower left corner of the main screen & select the 'vB4 default' view.

Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 7.59.57 PM.png

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

That's countdown timer is not acting as reliably as I'd want and I'm looking into an alternative. However, the page loads asynchronously. So it shouldn't matter if that element is taking a while. You don't need to wait for it to go about your business.

4. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Absolutely no problem for me running Chrome.

5. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

FWIW, a couple of times today I've noticed it show a 503 error instead of the timer. Doesn't impact my ability to view the page, but thought I'd point it out in case someone was interested in looking into it.