Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Couple circles the country in a 60kwh Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting read on Jalopnik.

ku-xlarge.png

Pretty cool article. I wonder how long they spent making the trip. It doesn't say. If each one of those lightning bolts is 8 hours, a long time :smile:. Looks like fun. My wife and I did OH to CA via old 66 a few months back in my ICE and had a blast. Road trips are a good time.

That's a great article - totally inspiring. I love the idea of "chatting it up with locals" while the car charges, but with two young kiddos (3 and 1) we need to keep on movin! Looking forward to seeing how Elon makes out on his trip with is 5 KIDS! AH!

That's a great article - totally inspiring. I love the idea of "chatting it up with locals" while the car charges, but with two young kiddos (3 and 1) we need to keep on movin! Looking forward to seeing how Elon makes out on his trip with is 5 KIDS! AH!

Me too especially considering the lack of superchargers. Without (or even with) that option or battery or car swaps it will be a long tough trip with five kids.

My kids are much older and a long trip for us is still a few hours. Having driven home across the country in five days after 911 I am not sure it is that much fun unless you stop and enjoy things along the way. On the other hand he will be driving a Tesla. Although with little kids? Mmmm.