Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Couple last minute change questions...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New member, ordered my Model 3 Performance on 7/24 - Yay!

I'm in the waiting for a VIN and "we are working up your paperwork" phase and expect a delivery date update/VIN in the near future.

My question is I'm thinking at the last minute, of changing to a white interior and I want to do the upgrade to FSD as shown on the account page. So...

1. If I chat/call support, does anyone have an idea of the chances changing to white interior (if they let me) will kick back my delivery date? Not sure which options are more available on assembly lines, and I'll keep black if the consensus is that it will delay delivery.

2. Will the FSD upgrade on the account page delay delivery? I haven't licked the link yet but really don't want to unnecessarily delay delivery if I can help it. I assume less chance here since it's really just enabling in software?

Thanks!

You can always add FSD after delivery. It shouldn't have any effect either way since it's a software upgrade.

I ordered a Black/Black SR+ on 7/28, and have made 2 changes since- opted for the 19" wheels, and just a few days ago upgraded to LR AWD. I was told it most likely will not cause any delay in waiting for the VIN or delivery.

I don’t think changing the interior color will affect it much to be honest, get what you want, if it take a few more days who cares, I have a M3P and I did the opposite of you, I was sure I wanted white but ended up switching and taking a black interior car that was already built, I saw a few white interior with some miles on them and decided black would age better.

Adding FSD won’t do anything to delivery time, it’s just a software change, hardware is the same, you can even buy it through the app once you have the car.

Model 3’s are not built to order. They are built in batches by color and trim and then assigned to existing orders. So the short answer to your question is nobody has any idea whether they will produce a black interior or white interior first. It just depends on their production runs. In any case you will definitely see a delivery prior to the end of this quarter.