Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Couple of Autosteer AP2.0 Videos with 2.50.185

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So while we wait for the new update to arrive hopefully today (I am one of the Cali1000 :) here are coupleof autosteer videos.

Video being captured by passenger on a cell phone. Interesting timestamps :Video 1 @0.55: Autosteer getting disabled due not not holding steering @1.09, side lane merging and car popping on Dash :) Video 2 @1.38 Autosteer getting disabled >35Mph

will try to get better videos next time with less shaking and more driver POV(installing a mount)

here is another one with 2.50.201- Shows a motorbike being detected by tesla vision and shown as a car on the dash. it keeps disappearing from the dash as the bike moves to the left--it finally tracks the bike as it splits lane and goes ahead of the car in the front.

Reactions: Spacela
two observations with the latest SW

two observations 1. Vehicles on the side lanes still not being shown on dash with (17.3.2) . (the truck @0.25 mark is seen on Dash after cutting in front) 2. Autopilot takes the exit no lead car in front, but has difficulty on the curve (warning shown on dash) before i take over..

here is a latest Autosteer video with 2.50.201. With autosteer engaged, the car attempts to follow the lane markings to an exit (surprised me). top speed is still limited to 35mph

I have AP1 and in such a setting the car tries to track the first lane marker it can see, but then when it sees two choices it bails and disengages AutoSteer with a chime. It doesn't exhibit that much back and forth hunting torque on the steering wheel as your video shows AP2 doing. Depends on how close I am to the exit though. Sometimes when I'm closer to the lane markers of the lane on the left, then it avoids the exit and stays within the lane. I usually just apply a little torque on the wheel towards the left so it avoids trying to track the exit.

Thank you for the videos!

& here is another one. This time Ap2.0 with autosteer does not detect the car (blue volt) partially on the shoulder but clearly in front. unnerving as i was in two minds to take control, not knowing whether it had detected and but not displaying on on the dashboard or not detected at all...