TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Couple of Autosteer AP2.0 Videos with 2.50.185

Discussion in 'Model S' started by seevT, Jan 9, 2017.

1. seevT

seevT Member

So while we wait for the new update to arrive hopefully today (I am one of the Cali1000 :) here are coupleof autosteer videos.

Video being captured by passenger on a cell phone. Interesting timestamps :Video 1 @0.55: Autosteer getting disabled due not not holding steering @1.09, side lane merging and car popping on Dash :) Video 2 @1.38 Autosteer getting disabled >35Mph

will try to get better videos next time with less shaking and more driver POV(installing a mount)

• Informative x 4
  2. coreypay

coreypay New Member

35 is the top speed for AS In .185?

3. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

Yes, that is correct.

4. 3Victoria

3Victoria Active Member

Soon to be increased, we hope.

5. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

SO HAPPY!!! I don't live in SoCal anymore!!!

6. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Voluntaryist

Interesting to see the behavior. I would've liked the videos to have the sound from the car, not the music so we can hear the chimes and notifications from the car.

7. Deans

Deans Member

At least we didn't have to hear Lady Gaga!

• Like x 1
  8. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Voluntaryist

touche

9. seevT

seevT Member

here you go. a much longer autosteer video in 4K showing both the dash and the road. Watch in 1440p setting in youtube to see the dashboard clearly

• Like x 1
  10. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

Pssh 1440p...I'm watching in 2160p. :p

• Like x 2
  11. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

BTW...so jealous! I want AP damnit!

• Like x 2
  12. oktane

oktane Active Member

Seemed great at first then the lane markers started dancing around. It didn't seem to be aware of the merging traffic. Thanks for sharing it really gives me a feel of it.

13. seevT

seevT Member

here is a latest Autosteer video with 2.50.201. With autosteer engaged, the car attempts to follow the lane markings to an exit (surprised me). top speed is still limited to 35mph

• Like x 1
  14. seevT

seevT Member

here is another one with 2.50.201- Shows a motorbike being detected by tesla vision and shown as a car on the dash. it keeps disappearing from the dash as the bike moves to the left--it finally tracks the bike as it splits lane and goes ahead of the car in the front.

• Like x 1
  15. seevT

seevT Member

two observations with the latest SW

two observations 1. Vehicles on the side lanes still not being shown on dash with (17.3.2) . (the truck @0.25 mark is seen on Dash after cutting in front) 2. Autopilot takes the exit no lead car in front, but has difficulty on the curve (warning shown on dash) before i take over..

16. suraj1194

suraj1194 Member

I have AP1 and in such a setting the car tries to track the first lane marker it can see, but then when it sees two choices it bails and disengages AutoSteer with a chime. It doesn't exhibit that much back and forth hunting torque on the steering wheel as your video shows AP2 doing. Depends on how close I am to the exit though. Sometimes when I'm closer to the lane markers of the lane on the left, then it avoids the exit and stays within the lane. I usually just apply a little torque on the wheel towards the left so it avoids trying to track the exit.

Thank you for the videos!

17. seevT

seevT Member

& here is another one. This time Ap2.0 with autosteer does not detect the car (blue volt) partially on the shoulder but clearly in front. unnerving as i was in two minds to take control, not knowing whether it had detected and but not displaying on on the dashboard or not detected at all...

18. larmor

larmor Active Member

Regarding blindspot: Using the clock face for orientation, does it detect a car/truck from the 2 o'clock to 5 o'clock position?