Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Couple of questions after placing order for Tesla 3 LR AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) They will deliver the car to my home. When I sign paper work, can I give them a personal check for the down payment (using Tesla financing) or will I have to have a cashier's check?
2) I placed order online and filled all of the finance stuff out. Will anyone ever call me or will it be all online in my account?
3) I will be bringing personalized plates for the car (California). The ordering seems to suggest that they can handle it. Anyone have experience with that?
4) Now maybe I will be pleasantly surprised, but if I find things that need fixing, I will sure will want to document them before they leave. Is there a formal document that gets filled out that documents any thing need fixing?
5) Lastly, minor, but how much of a charge will be in the battery when I receive it?

1) They will deliver the car to my home. When I sign paper work, can I give them a personal check for the down payment (using Tesla financing) or will I have to have a cashier's check?
I believe you need either a cashiers check or to pay in advance with a wire transfer.

2) I placed order online and filled all of the finance stuff out. Will anyone ever call me or will it be all online in my account?
What finance stuff? Are you financing through them? If not, and everything is in order, there is no need for them to contact you.

3) I will be bringing personalized plates for the car (California). The ordering seems to suggest that they can handle it. Anyone have experience with that?
I've no idea. In Ohio though, you could just show up with plates and stick them on the car and you're good.

4) Now maybe I will be pleasantly surprised, but if I find things that need fixing, I will sure will want to document them before they leave. Is there a formal document that gets filled out that documents any thing need fixing?
The majority of the people find nothing wrong with their cars, it only seems like that all you read about because most people don't post about it when there was nothing wrong. With that being said, there will be "due bill" that they can create that would list everything that agree to fix and/or take car of on the car.

5) Lastly, minor, but how much of a charge will be in the battery when I receive it?
This can vary, mine was almost full, but I've heard of others with very low SOC. If you need to drive a long distance home you can always call them the day before and ask them to make sure it is at a certain percentage.

• Informative
Reactions: jonquiljo
4) There is no formal document. If you are having it delivered at home, it may not even be a Tesla employee that is performing the delivery (this differs depending on area/state/country). In Canada, you must report all defects to your delivery team before the odometer reaches 100km. I'm sure they have a similar policy in the USA.

5) Varies by location and car. People in Vancouver seem to get them with 50-70% charge.

I am not a fan of home delivery. I would rather go to the delivery center and spend 45 minutes inspecting the car before they move it off the floor. While in theory you can still do this on a home delivery, it is not as easy to do. Typically they try to drop off the car and call an Uber lift to get back to the delivery center and they try to rush you through the paperwork process before you have adequate time to inspect the car. It’s easier to control the process at the delivery center.

If you go with home delivery just let them know you would like to reserve 45 minutes for a pre-purchase inspection before signing any paperwork so that they don’t have an Uber waiting for them when they arrive.

Reactions: XLR82XS