Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Couple of Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

2 weeks in and we are 2,000 miles down. I love not having to stop at gas stations! Here are a couple of questions I am hoping someone can answer.

A. Is there a way to send a destination to the vehicle from the app? If there is, I am definitely missing it.
B. How bad is supercharging all the time? One of the reason we purchased the car was because there is a SuC in my business's garage, and one 5 minutes from out home. I plug in sometimes, and sometimes I SuC.
C. Where do they charge you for overage? If I swing by our store and plug the car in and forget about it for an hour, I get an alert saying they will charge overage fees, but I have free supercharging, and the garage is always half empty.
D. Our rep is trying to sell us an X because he knows we are in the market for an SUV. He tried saying there is a 25k credit. He is wrong in that statement right? There isn't a credit outside of the federal and state.
E. Does the car have native blind spot assistance? I know I can look at the IC and maybe see a car there, but it doesn't seem as refine as my last cars.
F. Charges the iPhone SLOWWWW. Any workaround?

Thank you,

(a) From an iPhone, use the Share Extension from Apple Maps to send the address to your Tesla. By default the Tesla app doesn't appear so you have to tap on EDIT and make the Tesla app appear

(c) You have a credit card on file on my My Tesla account, so all charges appear on that (including the overage charges). Even though you have free supercharging, leaving your Tesla connected to the Supercharger after it's done will result in overage charges. Charging spots are NOT parking spots, so that's why they charge everyone overage charges even if there are vacant spots...

(d) There's no 25K credit for the Model X, however for a business who owns the Model X, there is the Hummer Tax. I don't know much so I'll let others provide more details here.

(f) Purchase one of those fast cig lighter plug with double USB and use that if you want faster charging...

• Informative
Reactions: liuping
A. You don't send the destinations from the Tesla App, but rather from all the others through the App. Under the share option in Google Maps and the like the Tesla App should be a choice (if not, go into settings and make it an option.) When you share an address there, it sends the address to the car.

B. Supercharging as the only way to charge will degrade the battery faster, and Tesla has slowed the max charge rate of a couple people who have several thousand DCFC sessions through the firmware (not sure how much of that is increased battery internal resistance and how much is proactive firmware.)

C. Idle fees are charged to your MyTesla account. They'll either end up on the cars on file for that account, or Tesla will send an invoice I believe.

D. There isn't a special credit for the X, but for small business owners, it qualifies for the Hummer provision - you can take depreciation on it for business use if you qualify.

E. Native Blindspot warnings through the instrument panel and beeps. No mirror indicators or the like.

F. Only solution I know of is a 12V plug in USB charger.

Reactions: AW9nineteen
Hey All,

2 weeks in and we are 2,000 miles down. I love not having to stop at gas stations! Here are a couple of questions I am hoping someone can answer.

A. Is there a way to send a destination to the vehicle from the app? If there is, I am definitely missing it.

I use Android, and when I highlight an address and share, it gives me the option to use the google map to open the address or tesla app so it get send to the car directly. I am assuming it's similar with iphone?

B. How bad is supercharging all the time? One of the reason we purchased the car was because there is a SuC in my business's garage, and one 5 minutes from out home. I plug in sometimes, and sometimes I SuC.

I have read that over long term, it can hurt the battery, but the more important part is, Tesla might slow down your charging speed to preserve your battery if you use the supercharger too much. this can greatly affect you if you take road trip. Do a google search on the topic, you will be able to find some.

C. Where do they charge you for overage? If I swing by our store and plug the car in and forget about it for an hour, I get an alert saying they will charge overage fees, but I have free supercharging, and the garage is always half empty.

Should be a credit card link to your account. Not sure how they do it for you since you have free charging. Someone else w/ free supercharger might be able to answer you.

D. Our rep is trying to sell us an X because he knows we are in the market for an SUV. He tried saying there is a 25k credit. He is wrong in that statement right? There isn't a credit outside of the federal and state.

Do they mean recently Ludicrous is free with performance package? maybe he has some inventory model that is deeply discounted? highly doubt it's 25k cheaper. ask him to show you the model and you can compare to a online model yourself.

E. Does the car have native blind spot assistance? I know I can look at the IC and maybe see a car there, but it doesn't seem as refine as my last cars.

Yes, it will beep at you and the dash display will show the car as red color if it's in your blind spot.

F. Charges the iPhone SLOWWWW. Any workaround?

Don't use the usb port to charge. Use an actually cigarette car charger. That's what I use for my android phone.

Thank you

Reactions: AW9nineteen