Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Couple of questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. How do you cancel the HomeLink the cancel button is there in Tiny font when the screen comes up but I can’t touch it or scroll wheel or swipe to make it bigger to hit cancel. Is there another trick to it?

2. I used to love showing smart summon and did actually use it some times in heavy rain but ever since I got the new refreshed Model S I have not been able to do smart summon even in the same parking lots. The button for smart summon is greyed out I can only move it forward or backward. Any one else see this behavior?

3. Virginia is doing a lot of construction on Roads and if I have FSD engaged and even before the construction some spots on the main highway the car Would think that the speed is 30MPH on a main highway and break hard I have to manually take over and press accelerate I thought may be the car will learn but doesn’t seem to be the case going on 3rd year and it still does this which is quite dangerous.

4. the door handles have this plastic tape on them I left it on but two of the handles had gotten off a little and were rubbing so I took it off is it suppose to be taken off?

thanks

1. Are you saying that when you press the tiny cancel button nothing happens?

2. Since it’s a new car, check the Summon settings under Controls > Autopilot and make sure everything is enabled. The cameras have to finish calibration before you can use Summon (or Autopilot).

3. I’ve encountered the same issue in construction zones. I don’t think there’s anything you can do about it.

4. You should be able to remove any tape you see on handles or elsewhere.

Reactions: LJG0053
1. Are you saying that when you press the tiny cancel button nothing happens?

2. Since it’s a new car, check the Summon settings under Controls > Autopilot and make sure everything is enabled. The cameras have to finish calibration before you can use Summon (or Autopilot).

3. I’ve encountered the same issue in construction zones. I don’t think there’s anything you can do about it.

4. You should be able to remove any tape you see on handles or elsewhere.
The cancel button is not really a button it is just written there and no matter how hard I try to press it you can’t it feels almost like it should be if you scroll wheel the cancel will roll over and become bigger. Are you guys able to cancel?

2. lots of parking lots the summon is not working I got home and was trying to test and on my drive way the summon option light up but none of the grocery store parking lot or restaurants where it used to work don’t work any more i get the option to go back and forth but never the summon.