TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Couple simple questions

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Freedom101, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Freedom101

Freedom101 Member

I'm thinking these must be easy fixes but I can't seem to figure it out:

1. The posted speed limit on the smaller screen is always wrong (reads 80km/h in 50km/h zones and 140km/h in 100km/h zones). Is there an easy to fix this?

2. The display shows black leather seats rather than what I have (ultra white seats). Any way to change?

Thanks,

Mike

2. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

this would be awesome and something that perhaps @wk057 (jason hughes) could help out with sometime. :D i mean he changed his exterior color after all...

3. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

Is it supposed to show white seats? I thought everyone's showed black ones...

Can someone confirm?

4. MasterT

MasterT Member

Not really. At the moment AP2 cars dont read road signs and use GPS data for speed signs (that's way it's usually off and frequently wrong). Once, hopefully soon, Tesla starts reading street signs, it will become more accurate.

What you can is send a "bug report" stating "incorrect speed limit" or similar (use voice command for "bug report")

• Like x 2
  5. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

The speed limit recognition is still pretty bad. Not much to do to fix that.

For the seat color, if your car is supported just have Tesla flip the option. If not, would need to be rooted and the gateway config changed to the proper option code.

• Like x 2
  6. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

1.) There is a known bug with the speed algorithm. If you have a Canadian car, the speed limit will show correctly in Canada. If you drive across the border into the US, it will automatically convert the speeds to km/h. When you come back into Canada, the conversion remains and all speed limits are displayed incorrectly. It's important to note that it only affects the displayed speed limit. The car actually will know and use the correct speed limit.

2.) You have to ask your SC to fix the display to match your interior. That's the best and easiest way to do it.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  7. TechBear

TechBear New Member

My Loaner MX75D have that problem, I am wondering if the local for the car is US, it read 50Km limit as if it is 50 Mi. I don't have this problem with my MX60D.

8. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Does sound like OP has the conversion issue, with 80 km (50 mph) for 50, etc.... We've seen that a couple of times.

• Like x 1
  9. Freedom101

Freedom101 Member

Thanks for all the useful info guys. I definitely have the conversion issue that has been referred to. It was a demo with 1000km at delivery. I'm in Canada and my X shipped from Toronto to Vancouver. I have no idea if it spent time in the USA and then came back to Canada (outside of production time in the USA).

I'll send a message to the service center tonight and hopefully be able to have it remedied next week.

The speed limit has been really wrong in every single area I've driven in so far. It's consistently much higher in the vehicle than the posted limit. I'll ask about the seat colors when I speak to service as well.

10. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I know that this was still an issue a few weeks ago, and there was no fix for the speed-limit bug. I suspect that if you wait long enough, one of the next OTA updates will contain a fix. You can ask your SC to see if any recent updates contain the fix for this bug and have them force the update for you. Otherwise, keep asking your SC whenever a new update is available.