Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cover for Heatpump to reduce Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we get the part number for the wrap for the heat pump? My service center ordered the ac wrap but not the heat pump wrap..i would like to have them do both but is easier if i can just give them the part number to order for the heat pump wrap

Nope. I had to strong arm to get one. Told them my friends new Model Y came with one. Then my SC advisor ordered for me, which is confirmed by the automated email.
This is pretty frustrating. Why do we have to beg them to install something that should had been done when the car first got delivered? If anything they should proactively let us know to schedule an appointment to go in.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide and MrTuna
Can we get the part number for the wrap for the heat pump? My service center ordered the ac wrap but not the heat pump wrap..i would like to have them do both but is easier if i can just give them the part number to order for the heat pump wrap

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think there is only one wrap ? The part # below is the only thing I’ve send listed or my service advisor could find.

Reactions: MP3Mike
My SC ordered it. I received automated email confirming it.

AC Compressor Acoustic Cover, Model Y
Part #: 1502213-00-A
Ship Date: June 18, 2020
Scheduled Delivery: June 22, 2020

Was at the service center yesterday, they said some "new" info was coming out and asked me to do a service appointment with a request to retrofit. I'll see what happens, they are already backed up to Mid July in appointments.

AC Compressor Acoustic Cover, Model Y
Part #: 1502213-00-A

thank you for the part cover! i had to tell the service advisor (for July 2) that this is the part most people are getting and to proactively order it. initially, they didn't seem to want to retrofit my car and said "we have to check to see if the noise is coming from somewhere else).

make sure you are assertive in what you want and just say that your friends with a newer model Y has it and doesn't sound as loud.....

Reactions: DennyL
I scheduled a visit at the Plano service center first week of July through the Tesla App. Said my compressor is noisy and wanted the acoustic cover that the newly built MY comes with. The reviewed my request and changed it to a Mobile Service visit on July 2nd. No word on any charge yet.

I think people are expecting too much from this cover. I doubt it makes much difference at all. (It looks more like an insulative wrap to me.)

I suspect most of the noisy HVAC systems are actually from the coolant pumps.

I think people are expecting too much from this cover. I doubt it makes much difference at all. (It looks more like an insulative wrap to me.)

I suspect most of the noisy HVAC systems are actually from the coolant pumps.

Well, I got mine back. It does make a difference but it's not night and day. The heatpump at full blast used to make a very loud metallic like noise from the outside. Now it's alot more of a muffled pump noise. It is better and much closer to a Model 3 than before, but the Model 3 is still quieter from the outside. They did a good job with the retrofit, looks the same compared to those coming from the factory. Pictures below.

Model Y Acoustic Cover Retrofit

Is there an easy way to visually confirm that the heat pump have the cover on, without trying to disassemble the frunk?

Just pop the frunk, pull off the top cover and you should be able to see it.