Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cover for Heatpump to reduce Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The part was redesigned and its sitting on a floating mounts...the cover on the M3 was there because it was bolted to the chassis. I barely hear any noise when mine turns on.

I find it funny people are concerned about this...especially if you come from an ICE car with a super loud and vibrating engine you used to drive in 24/7
I personally don't know how loud it gets since I haven't turn on the heat since I got the car. Just wondering if this will be retrofitted for us? If it will make it even quieter why not?

The part was redesigned and its sitting on a floating mounts...the cover on the M3 was there because it was bolted to the chassis. I barely hear any noise when mine turns on.

I find it funny people are concerned about this...especially if you come from an ICE car with a super loud and vibrating engine you used to drive in 24/7

What car do you come from that has a super loud and vibrating engine unless you purposely did that?

Already in the works for new production. Imagine that it might become available as an upgrade part for those wishing to quiet down their pumps.

Interesting how many posts were crying out for heat pumps due to their increased efficiency. Few seemed to be concerned about the extra noise that would come from them. Resistance heating is silent, except for fans.

I just tried both AC and Heat in my Model Y, I really didn't hear much of any noise. I heard a little bit of wooshing type sound for a minute or two the first time I turned on the heat.. maybe it was something due to the first time I turned it on, but haven't heard it since. Will keep an ear out for it though.

What piece of crap ICE did you own? The Model 3 was THE LOUDEST Car I have ever owned in at least the last decade.

I could not hear or feel my ICE engines unless I floored it.