TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Covercraft UVS100 Heatshield - Now One Piece

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Doanster1, May 5, 2018.

1. Doanster1

Doanster1 Member

#1 Doanster1, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
    I’ve used the UVS100 Heatshields for over 20yrs now and immediately looked into purchasing one after taking delivery of my CPO a couple months ago. Reviews on Amazon as well as an old classified ad here alluded to Covercraft only making a two-piece shield, which would be annoying, to put it mildly.
    I emailed Covercraft directly an inquired when the normal one piece design would be available, if at all. The rep did some digging and came back saying all notes in their system refer to a one-piece design now so I went ahead and ordered it. The shield arrived yesterday and fits like a glove. Complete windshield coverage and is exactly like all the previous shields I’ve owned from them. The thin roll-up reflective shades never compare IMO.

BAB56903-ACDC-49D7-A9D7-48DE33E5981B.jpeg

12DBDAC8-28E5-41F6-B732-AEE6B3FE1B04.jpeg

• Like x 5
  2. Brettski

Brettski Member

Looks substantial - how much do they run?

3. Doanster1

Doanster1 Member

$61 shipped. Well worth it IMO. If you’ve never used one before... it is a substantial piece. Heavy duty, nice edges, absolutely reduces heat.

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  4. luckyj

luckyj Member

Nice. It looks great. Thinking about getting one. But, where do you store it when not in use? I used the seat back storage in my last car for a sunscreen. Wondering where I'll put this...seems large so guessing only option is to store it back in the trunk area?

5. Doanster1

Doanster1 Member

For everyday use, when I’m the only one in the car, I’ll just lay it on the floor in the back. Weekends/when I have passengers, in the trunk it goes. I still have the storage bag from previous cars that will fit this one so I can keep it protected when not in use.

6. luckyj

luckyj Member

Finally picked one up. Very nice, one piece, fits like a glove, and even though it's fairly big, it's relatively easy to put in place and remove. I made small cutout for my dashcam with a hammer and chisel. The inside looks like a thin foam insulation panel that provides an additional thermal barrier.

7. Petra

Petra Member

I'll have to look into one of those... I bought a HeatShield for my Model S nearly 3 years ago but the silver coating has broken down in areas to the point where it'll rub off on the dash while rolling it up.

8. Doanster1

Doanster1 Member

Did you order direct from Covercraft or Amazon? Just wondering whether Amazon now has new stock and has purged the old two-piece design.

9. Nitemare3219

Nitemare3219 Member

What's the model number for the 1 piece? I've been using one from a previous car that doesn't fit exactly, but has been good enough... did not want the 2 piece design.

10. Doanster1

Doanster1 Member

UV11299SV

11. luckyj

luckyj Member

I ordered direct from Covercraft, wasn't really comfortable with going the Amazon route for the same concern. Part number was UV11299SV as you mentioned.

• Like x 1
  12. mburnet6

mburnet6 Member

Does anyone with AP2 have this heatshield? How does it fit around the housing?

13. jaxn

jaxn Member

@Doanster1, how is the gap around the rear view mirror?

14. Doanster1

Doanster1 Member

No issues whatsoever. Big enough to still make install a breeze, but not so big that it lets too much sun in.

15. Doanster1

Doanster1 Member

Look at my interior pic above. Plenty of space cut out behind the rear view mirror so AP1 or AP2 shouldn’t matter. I friend of mine with AP2 uses this shield and hasnt mentioned any fitment issues although I haven’t seen it installed in person in his car.

• Like x 1
  16. hulk2k17

hulk2k17 Member

I have a Blackvue DR900 installed behind the rear view mirror. Any concerns with using this sunshade with that camera installed?

17. Doanster1

Doanster1 Member

I’ll find out for sure this week/end when my 750S arrives, but looking at the installed shade this morning, it will make contact with the camera. What will happen is that the shade wound not sit flush against the windshield in the passenger side. Let it “dangle” a bit. That is, you won’t be able to flip the passenger side vanity mirror down to hold the shade in place. Shouldn’t matter though as it’s a snug fit to begin with and the driver’s side vanity mirror still holds things in place nicely.

18. Doanster1

Doanster1 Member

No issues with the shade installed.

Attached Files:

19. hulk2k17

hulk2k17 Member

Cool thanks.