Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Covercraft UVS100 Heatshield - Now One Piece

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Doanster1

Feb 14, 2018
Oregon
I’ve used the UVS100 Heatshields for over 20yrs now and immediately looked into purchasing one after taking delivery of my CPO a couple months ago. Reviews on Amazon as well as an old classified ad here alluded to Covercraft only making a two-piece shield, which would be annoying, to put it mildly.
I emailed Covercraft directly an inquired when the normal one piece design would be available, if at all. The rep did some digging and came back saying all notes in their system refer to a one-piece design now so I went ahead and ordered it. The shield arrived yesterday and fits like a glove. Complete windshield coverage and is exactly like all the previous shields I’ve owned from them. The thin roll-up reflective shades never compare IMO.

BAB56903-ACDC-49D7-A9D7-48DE33E5981B.jpeg

12DBDAC8-28E5-41F6-B732-AEE6B3FE1B04.jpeg

Last edited:
For everyday use, when I’m the only one in the car, I’ll just lay it on the floor in the back. Weekends/when I have passengers, in the trunk it goes. I still have the storage bag from previous cars that will fit this one so I can keep it protected when not in use.

Finally picked one up. Very nice, one piece, fits like a glove, and even though it's fairly big, it's relatively easy to put in place and remove. I made small cutout for my dashcam with a hammer and chisel. The inside looks like a thin foam insulation panel that provides an additional thermal barrier.

Finally picked one up. Very nice, one piece, fits like a glove, and even though it's fairly big, it's relatively easy to put in place and remove. I made small cutout for my dashcam with a hammer and chisel. The inside looks like a thin foam insulation panel that provides an additional thermal barrier.
Did you order direct from Covercraft or Amazon? Just wondering whether Amazon now has new stock and has purged the old two-piece design.

I’ll find out for sure this week/end when my 750S arrives, but looking at the installed shade this morning, it will make contact with the camera. What will happen is that the shade wound not sit flush against the windshield in the passenger side. Let it “dangle” a bit. That is, you won’t be able to flip the passenger side vanity mirror down to hold the shade in place. Shouldn’t matter though as it’s a snug fit to begin with and the driver’s side vanity mirror still holds things in place nicely.