TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Covered car carrier transport recommendations for Model S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mathwhiz, May 9, 2014.

1. mathwhiz

mathwhiz Member

Any recommendations for a trustworthy covered car carrier transport for Model S? I'm short on time and am looking for a reliable company to get my S transported safely back home.

Thanks.

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Plycar is one. Believe there are a few threads on this if you do a search. Good luck.

3. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

I used Intercity Lines on a previous car. Full enclosed two-level trucks with lifts. Would work great for the Model S. They came extremely-highly recommended.

They completely covered my car in protective wrap, then padded it with blankets, then more wrap. It was pristine when it arrived. Some pictures of the treatment here: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X - a set on Flickr

Intercity Lines, Inc.

4. mathwhiz

mathwhiz Member

Thanks for the replies. I did a bunch of searches, but couldn't find an applicable one...

FYI, Tesla also recommended Plycar to me.

5. dasRad

dasRad Member

Telsa had TFX International delivery our Model S to our driveway. Same set up as in the pictures referenced by Gizmotoy. The other Tesla in the truck was headed from the Vancouver store to Alberta along with a new Lamborghini and a vintage Aston Martin. Apparently the truck is tracked continuously and the opening of any door is logged by their dispatch. The driver said that they did a lot of deliveries between Ontario and Florida (for snowbirds).