Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Covering a wet car with the Outdoor Car Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am one of the small group of MS owners that does not have a garage. I am strongly considering buying the OCC, but was wondering what happens when you come home after driving in some precipitation and cover a wet car. While I know that the cover "breathes", the inside layer has to get wet. How do you dry the inside of the cover? I am sure that it is not a good idea to put the wet cover back in its storage case. Has anyone found this to be a problem and, if so, how do you deal with it? Thanks!

My car is parked outside. I thought about a car cover, but I also thought about the number times I would actually use it. So I just got paint armour over every painted surface and it still looks as if it were new 21 months later.

Covers are good for long-term storage. If you taking a cover on and off every day (or even a couple times a week), you're going to do more harm than good. Even if the car isn't wet, it has to be clean and completely free of dirt when you put the cover on, otherwise you're likely to induce surface scratches as you pull the cover over your dirty car. And if the car is even slightly dirty one time, the cover is going to pick that dirt up and put you at risk for damage any time you use it in the future, even if the car is clean.

If you're worried, jerry has the right idea. Just get it fully wrapped.