Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Covid Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With Covid and the touchless scene we have today I placed an online grocery order for pick up at Walmart today. I am amazed at the simplicity of their app and ease of ordering right down to tracking you when you arrive. I waited maybe a minute before being given my groceries all packed in a small box.

Now for the cool part. As he approached I hit the open frunk button where he was presented with the open frunk where he deposited my groceries. He walked away and I hit the close frunk button and drove off. Talk about social distancing not to mention the cool factor.

Touchless delivery is the dumbest thing because the people that bring your stuff out literally touched it.

Just another method for lazy people that don't want to go inside the store or restaurant to pick up their own sh!t lol

Sure, and those products were never touched getting to and on the shelf. Lol. You must be right though just look how few use Amazon....

Reactions: CO_MY
Some of you are missing the point here so let me explain for those who need a little help. Touchless has not much to do with not touching, more to do with not having to go into the store where there are many times way too many people wearings masks on their necks who really do not give a crap about the safety of others. I prefer to keep my physical distance between others as far and few between as I can until this thing is under some sort of control as opposed to continually spiralling out of control with record setting numbers every day. Mock this all you want but please think about my little post when you are in intensive care wishing you would have been a little more careful in the past.

Touchless delivery is the dumbest thing because the people that bring your stuff out literally touched it.

Just another method for lazy people that don't want to go inside the store or restaurant to pick up their own sh!t lol

The point of touchless delivery is so you don't have to share the same indoor airspace with other people that may not be diligent about their hygiene. I see too many people not covering their noses, using a mask with a one-way valve, etc. I use it whenever possible, and still wash my hands after touching the items. When possible we leave them in the garage or put items in the UVC box I built. So far I haven't caught COVID, and half my office has caught it. And, yeah, I am lazy and it's really convenient!

ETA @Midnightsun beat me to the post.

people paying for others to do the work for them - how is this at all dumb or even surprising. Heck yeah I’ll give someone $5 to save me an hour of mindless roaming in a store where people are constantly looking at their phone and in no hurry.

Reactions: CapsEngineer
The Hanshow doesnt have a close frunk button tho? or does it? do they also hack or sideload the code to add the functionality? Only asking bc OP said he hit the close frunk button
It does power close without any mods to the software. In the Tesla app and in-car, you just press the “open” button again and it’ll close. The electronic module from Hansshow knows if the trunk is open or closed.

fyi, check out the other thread on TMC for the Hansshow group buy...some people seem to like the one from Teslaoffer.com.

30% off Hansshow Power Frunk

It does power close without any mods to the software. In the Tesla app and in-car, you just press the “open” button again and it’ll close. The electronic module from Hansshow knows if the trunk is open or closed.

fyi, check out the other thread on TMC for the Hansshow group buy...some people seem to like the one from Teslaoffer.com.

30% off Hansshow Power Frunk
Wow thats amazing. Thanks will do!