Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Covid positive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my delivery WAS scheduled for the 27th. My daughter who lives with us was tested for Covid and it came back positive. None of us have symptoms yet. Both her and my wife work in healthcare so we assumed it would make its way to us sooner or later. So my daughter has to stay home from work for I believe 10 days and the rest of us are all in self isolation so we shouldn’t be going out. I just got everything squared away with my credit union, selling the car to carvana, picking up the M3P and then dropping it off for clear film on the front and window tinting and had to delay all of them. . Seems they are all really great about the delay and hopefully all is good in a couple weeks. Only thing Tesla was not clear on was if I had to reorder my car or if the car would be waiting for me when I could pick it up. I can’t contact my advisor as she’s out for some reason and some guy took over and sends me a text saying so and if I had any questions to ask him but he never reply’s back. I called Tesla and spoke with a very sweet lady I guess in Vegas ? (I actually thought I was calling Schaumburg Il) and she sounded like they would just hold the car but I’m trying to get something that says my current VIN is the one I’ll get and I don’t really want people taking it out for test drives. If anyone knows of a better way to contact my local dealership I would appreciate the info!

• Love
Reactions: New_Old_Stock
...something that says my current VIN is the one I’ll get and I don’t really want people taking it out for test drives...

I think Tesla now has batches of options ready so I wouldn't worry about the VIN. You'll get the exact specifications you paid for and the VIN can change.

Tesla do not allow test drives/demo/displays on new cars. You can tell by the odometer.

Once a new car is used as test drives/demo/displays, it's called inventory new cars with a discounted price.

...she’s out for some reason...

Hmmm! And the title says Covid...

...the car would be waiting for me when I could pick it up...

In the past, Tesla did not wait even when owners told them that they'll be back from vacation in 2 weeks. They would just sell your VIN to another owner and replace you with another when you are ready.

It sounds like Tesla is slowing down so maybe there's not much of demand durinhg Covid-19 time so you might still have your car waiting for you after all.

Good luck!

Hope you’re all ok.

Ditto,

OP

Hope you and your family are ok, and please tell them thank you for continuing to help people. I realize I am just some random stranger online, but there are a lot of people who have to put themselves out there to help others deal with Covid, and it never hurts to hear a "thank you... even from a random stranger... so "thank you"

How are you now?
I always thought that Covid19 is a way worse than the usual flu because someone can be a carrier without any symptoms bor a long, but it’s not the Black Death or ultimate pandemic, either. For some reason, most people seem to either need to really downplay it or utterly panic. And I believe that the truth lies somewhere in-between. I have been working on my essay on this Coronavirus topic (I will be using help of https://essayontime.com.au/nursing-assignment-hеlp to get it proofread ). So it's veru helpful to read a postion of a person who was covid positive. Hope you are doing well now!

So my daughter, who is also going to be a nurse, tested positive at work as she currently works as a CNA at a rehab facility. For a couple weeks after being diagnosed, she self quarantined mostly up in her room. She was pretty tired to which she compared it to being exhausted after a long days work and would often just take naps. She had a few days with some minor sore throat pain but nothing a couple Tylenol’s wouldn’t take care of. Since then she’s been back to work and seems to be doing fine. Never showed any other symptoms except maybe a little anxiety as she worked with a lady that recently died from Covid as well as seeing numerous patients die as well from it.
My wife had also had direct contact with Covid patients as she’s an occupational therapist. Neither my wife or myself were tested as we were told that unless we show more symptoms they need to focus resources on more serious cases. My wife really hadn’t shown any signs and I had a week or so with some stomach issues and a few headaches but nothing else. Nothing that required immediate care and feel fine now, maybe a bit spacey but I’m chalking that up to working from home the last few months!

Also both wife and daughter use full PPE during any interaction with Covid patients and gloves/masks etc when working with non Covid patients as well. It can get to you even if your as careful as can be!